Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocking spam SMS on my LG G3

bobselby1949
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have an LG G3 phone under a Vodafone contract but the setting option to "treat all SMS senders NOT in my contact list as SPAM" does not work and 5-10 spams a day is a genuine pain.

I gather this is a "feature/bug" in Android KITKAT and/or the LG implementation 😞

It certainly worked in JELLYBEAN.

Is there a Vodafone option or opt out to kill this rubbish??  If so, details would be very gratefully received.

Note: Using a third party "filter" app is not the answer because none of those I have tried work very well or are not simple to use or want money for what should be a standard feature in my mind.

Does anyone know if this is fixed in LOLIPOP??

Bob

3 REPLIES 3

redpages
17: Community Champion

Texting STOP or STOP ALL back to the short code where the message originates from can stop spam messages.

I'd Google the short code / message type and see what experience others have had + which text prompt might help to stop it (it can vary between the two I've posted above)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

jackofalltrades
5: Helper
Speak to webchat or call care and ask them to add a premesbar this will stop premium texts coming to your phone and your sorted

hrym

That would only work if these are premium SMS, though - if they are, then the OP needs to get on top of them as they'll be charged for.   If we're talking about things like PPI claim messages, which are sent out to random numbers, blocking them on the phone is the best solution.  Replying in any way, including STOP, may just confirm that the number in question is in use and make the situation worse, as it can then be traded as genuine.