Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Byr Home Easy SMS Base Station PAYG

checkeye
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I have a Byron SMS base station for home automation.  The station uses a vodafone PAYG sim card.  SMS are used to control home appliances such as central heating via a conrtolling mobile phone and the base station.  The base station sends conformation SMS to the controlling mobile.  Firstly I couldnt get the base station and the appliances to pair but that isnt really a PAYG issue, what is a PAYG issue is the that the conformations should be deducted from the balance at 10p each.  I purchased a £10 top up then chose a freebie with unlimited texts,I'd assumed the base station would use the free texts, between 10 and 20 SMS were sent to the controlling mobile after which the balance went to zero.  Anyone know why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Sorry for delay - away, with patchy signal!

The only £10 Freebee which gives unlimited texts is the Freedom Freebee. From time to time I complain that the name is misleading, as it's actually a package that you buy, whereas all the other Freebees are top-up Freebees, where you get whatever on top of your credit. So my guess is that you've got the £10 Freedom Freebee, and that your first top up was taken to pay for it?

If so, you might be better off with the Freebee Texts, get your first 30 days of texts for free, then let your clever device work through your balance till it's nearly gone, then top up again, and get another 30 days texts for free. I'd have expected outgoing texts to be charged at 14p rather than 10p.

See http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-freebees/index.htm for details of all the Freebees.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Hi checkeye,

If you change your mind and would like us to look into this for you, please get in touch with us here.

All your personal information is kept confidential.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Thanks Sarah but all I can supply is email, telephone and name, thats enough to communicate with.

Annie_N
Sorry for delay - away, with patchy signal!

The only £10 Freebee which gives unlimited texts is the Freedom Freebee. From time to time I complain that the name is misleading, as it's actually a package that you buy, whereas all the other Freebees are top-up Freebees, where you get whatever on top of your credit. So my guess is that you've got the £10 Freedom Freebee, and that your first top up was taken to pay for it?

If so, you might be better off with the Freebee Texts, get your first 30 days of texts for free, then let your clever device work through your balance till it's nearly gone, then top up again, and get another 30 days texts for free. I'd have expected outgoing texts to be charged at 14p rather than 10p.

See http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-freebees/index.htm for details of all the Freebees.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Thanks, @Annie_N , I knew you'd have the answer!