Can't connect new Smart 4 Mini to bt home hub

donsy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

How does this manifest itself?   Make sure you're using the correct case in the login details?

Thanks for your reply. I have logged in properly and checked with BT - home hub works for every other device in the house. When I try to connect, I get a message saying authentication problem

hrym

I've got an HTC One M8 that connects perfectly happily to every network I've tried except for one - and I get exactly the same message on another Android device as well - one is running Lollipop and the other KitKat.   Whether it's the network (Virgin, as it happens) or the hardware, I'm not sure (fortunately it's not one I want to use often).   I think your best bet would be to talk to BT as I think hardware interfacing is the most likely issue.  They may be able to suggest something you can do in the router settings.   I couldn't see anything in the settings on the phone that would have any effect.

Googling the issue suggests a couple of things:

Too many devices trying to connect.

Channel interference from other routers, which a channel change would fix.

Both those can be changed, afaik, but I don't know the exact procedure on your router.   One for BT, definitely.