Support:

Other manufacturers and OS discussion

Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
roadhousedarts2

Complaints Department

Afternoon mods

Well any news yet ,as I have heard nothing from your so called customer complaints department.I have updated my list of faults with the phone and have added the TWO COMPLETE CRASHES/FREEZING the phone did today.
Message 1 of 38 (10,411 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Complaints Department

Hello roadhousedarts2,

I will arrange for this to be chased up for you directly. Whilst the team are not in at the moment to call you straight away, they will get back to you at the first opportunity.

eForum Team
Message 2 of 38 (10,411 Views)
roadhousedarts2

Complaints Department

Well had the call today from the Complaints Department and I must say I was dealt with in a proper and professional way .We have agreed that I will wait for the new firmware to be released and see if that fixes the issues with the phone, give it a try for a couple of weeks and if the phone is still the same they will give me a new handset of my choice, so all I can say is thank you VF for listening and sorting it out.
Message 3 of 38 (10,411 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
stevenrdowns

Complaints Department

'roadhousedarts2' ... roughly how long did you have to wait? I got an e-mail last Thursday, the 21st asking for more information and have heard nothing since. (Moderators, the e-mail subject header is "FIT999 - Your eForum Query ")

I've since had my phone returned from repair, with the same permanent "memory in use" error message, as well as some new gripes...and of course all the old ones! (This having been updated to V.20 firmware too!) Amusingly...the "repair centre" indicated that "No faults were found!!!"

No faults found...??? Errr...I have 32gb of memory that is alledgedly permanently in use, despite it being returned to factory settings!!!

I was really ready to give this the benefit of the doubt, give the V.20 firmware a whirl, and put all the issues behind me...but this really takes the biscuit now!
Message 4 of 38 (10,411 Views)
roadhousedarts2

Complaints Department

Hi Stevenrdowns

After many posts on here the mods decided enough was enough and as you can see from above they chased it up and it took a day from when the mod posted on the 24th but i couldnt get through yesterday.Keep at them they WILL sort it out for you.
Message 5 of 38 (10,411 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Madboy

Complaints Department

Well had the call today from the Complaints Department and I must say I was dealt with in a proper and professional way .We have agreed that I will wait for the new firmware to be released and see if that fixes the issues with the phone, give it a try for a couple of weeks and if the phone is still the same they will give me a new handset of my choice, so all I can say is thank you VF for listening and sorting it out.

That is laughable - the new firmware is out on the 28th January for Unbranded phones - I dont see how the new firmware update will fix it! Oh i forgot to say that Vodafone are normally 10-12 weeks in getting the new firmware onto there phones, after the general release!
Message 6 of 38 (10,411 Views)
stevenrdowns

Complaints Department

Hi Stevenrdowns

After many posts on here the mods decided enough was enough and as you can see from above they chased it up and it took a day from when the mod posted on the 24th but i couldnt get through yesterday.Keep at them they WILL sort it out for you.

Cheers mate, appreciate that. Hope you got a decent result. Funnily enough...have you seen that on Ovi store...on the free maps download the N97 "classic" is not even listed as an option!!! Nice support from the manufacturer there! Looks like it's been written off left, right and centre!

I do feel a little for Vodafone, in that Nokia have sold them a dud...but at the end of the day, i'm a VF customer...not Nokia, and the responsibility for resolution lies with them.
Message 7 of 38 (10,411 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Helen

Complaints Department

Hi stevenrdowns

I've justed checked on your email chain from the FIT999 email we sent to you and can see that you've been able to speak to Jackie yesterday.

I'm confident that they will be replying to your new email again shortly to get this matter resolved for you. :)

If you do have any further questions though, you know where to find us. ;)

Cheers, Helen

eForum Team
Message 8 of 38 (10,411 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
nima24

Complaints Department

well i got offered an exchange but id have 2 pay towards the fone, although i found it funny that id have to pay £150 to get the n97 mini lol, id have been willing to pay abit towards the iphone but they said im not allowed it, made me laugh cos i tried ringing vodafone earlier and my trusted fone switched off and took 10 mins to switch bak on lol

i appriciate vodafones help and the fast replys to emails though, but would have liked a succesfull conclusion to it really
Message 9 of 38 (10,411 Views)
Madboy

Complaints Department

well i got offered an exchange but id have 2 pay towards the fone, although i found it funny that id have to pay £150 to get the n97 mini lol, id have been willing to pay abit towards the iphone but they said im not allowed it, made me laugh cos i tried ringing vodafone earlier and my trusted fone switched off and took 10 mins to switch bak on lol

i appriciate vodafones help and the fast replys to emails though, but would have liked a succesfull conclusion to it really

So they offered you a downgrade and you would have to pay extra to get it? That really takes the biscuit, why not ask for a MOD on the forum to contact you and try to resolve the problem with them!
Message 10 of 38 (10,411 Views)
nima24

Complaints Department

So they offered you a downgrade and you would have to pay extra to get it? That really takes the biscuit, why not ask for a MOD on the forum to contact you and try to resolve the problem with them!

thats what ive been doin, the mods on here have been emailing me, i mean the fones started switching off during fonecalls now aswell so aswell as crashing sometimes when it recieves txts it now switches off during calls, ive said id happily pay abit to get an iphone or a n900, the n900 ive been told is out of stock and iphones only to new customers and upgrades, this is the 2nd nokia n97 ive owned as the first one was faulty and my mate had his as an unwanted upgrade so he gave it 2 me and ive got the same issues so i dunno
i just want a working fone lol
Message 11 of 38 (10,411 Views)
Madboy

Complaints Department

thats what ive been doin, the mods on here have been emailing me, i mean the fones started switching off during fonecalls now aswell so aswell as crashing sometimes when it recieves txts it now switches off during calls, ive said id happily pay abit to get an iphone or a n900, the n900 ive been told is out of stock and iphones only to new customers and upgrades, this is the 2nd nokia n97 ive owned as the first one was faulty and my mate had his as an unwanted upgrade so he gave it 2 me and ive got the same issues so i dunno
i just want a working fone lol

I must admit though, people dont know how to use symbian phones, they install all the applications on the C: drive and wonder why they keep crashing! Have you tried a hard reset and then installed your apps on the E:Mass Memory?
Message 12 of 38 (10,411 Views)
nima24

Complaints Department

yeah nothings on my c drive, and very little on my mass memory anyway just the pre installed stuff, so less than 1gb of mass memory in use, got 45mb free on the c drive, ive done a hard reset a few weeks bak and it made no difference,
Message 13 of 38 (10,411 Views)
peppyeppep

Complaints Department

Well here is one seriously annoyed Vodafone customer.

I upgraded my contract this summer, to a spangly iPhone and specifically asked to have insurance (at £12 a month) to the account.

Yesterday my phone was stolen, I blocked it, reported it to the police but it turns out they never added insurance to my account and so now there is nothing I can do.

Be warned everyone - check they do what they say they will!
Message 14 of 38 (10,411 Views)
tigsx

Re: Complaints Department

im an unhappy vodaphone customer too

i have been told by customer service they can not transfer me to complaints department and could not deal with the sisue themselves i was then transferred to tech support who couldn't help either. i advised  her that trading standards had already been involved and i didint want to have to involve them again she said i have to do what i have to do and that she could be of no further assistance ..... TRADING STANDARDS HERE I GO AGAIN ???

Message 15 of 38 (6,200 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tigsx

In order that we can see whether your issue can be resolved via the eForum or if we will need to look into your account, please can you provide more information on the exact nature of the issue. If possible, please advise what you're doing and what happens when the issue occurs, including any errors.

With a better picture, we'll be able to identify the cause more quickly, which will mean a quicker resolution for you.

Thanks

Message 16 of 38 (6,197 Views)
Rosa3971

Do what I'm going to do!!  After 13 years with vodafone have finally had enough!!  Far far too difficult for them to send a simple microsim - first order "cancelled" second order "delayed".  Have never dealt with such a poor level of customer care nor with a company that obviously could not care less......  Love this bit on the website "We're passionate about good customer service at Vodafone, and we listen carefully to our customers. "  At least they can still give me a laugh!!!

tigsx wrote:

i have been told by customer service they can not transfer me to complaints department and could not deal with the sisue themselves i was then transferred to tech support who couldn't help either. i advised  her that trading standards had already been involved and i didint want to have to involve them again she said i have to do what i have to do and that she could be of no further assistance ..... TRADING STANDARDS HERE I GO AGAIN ???

tigsx wrote:

Message 17 of 38 (5,041 Views)
Rosa3971

Lucky you!!  I have never even been approached by the complaints team even though I've contacted them on many occasions...  Wrote to Customer Services Manager yesterday including information about how I had been blatantly lied to during my last upgrade by more than one person but considering I sent the same information at the time and Vodafone could not have cared less, I'm not going to hold my breath.  Incompetent, rude and I hate to say it but actual liars.

Message 18 of 38 (5,038 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Trev

Hi Rosa3971.

I’m sorry to read of you recent issues.:smileysad:

We were able to assist tigsx with the issue after she posted here last year, so I hope we can do something similar for you?

If you’d like me to assist, just reply back to the email I’ve sent and I’ll be able to look into this for you.

Trev

Message 19 of 38 (5,032 Views)
elbmek

Never had a problem with Customer Services; the shop however is another matter - dey dunt no nuffin'
Message 20 of 38 (4,750 Views)