You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Accepted Solution

Contacts backup facility

T-Mobile, O2 to name but two, are providing a contacts etc backup facility.

It is so important now to have this service. I know I can backup on my PC, but if that crashes ?

Vodafone used to have this but withdrew it. Please don't mention 360, because it's only available on such a limited range of phones, it's really of no use to most.
Message 1 of 5 (6,551 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Contacts backup facility

T-Mobile, O2 to name but two, are providing a contacts etc backup facility.

It is so important now to have this service. I know I can backup on my PC, but if that crashes ?

Vodafone used to have this but withdrew it. Please don't mention 360, because it's only available on such a limited range of phones, it's really of no use to most.

Vodafone 360 is available on (literally) hundreds of handsets. Head over to www.360.com to check if yours is there. The ability to back up your contacts as well as synch them with your facebook and email accounts is just one of the great services available.

Some services, such as GPS location nudges, are only available on a limited number of handsets, but contact online phone book is available to the majority of existing handsets.

Martin.
Message 2 of 5 (6,550 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Contacts backup facility

Hi Robert

Thanks for the question - backing up data and contacts is certainly becoming more commonplace.

Thanks also to have2laugh for the suggestion, the people feature on 360 is certainly available across a wide range of phones.

And like's been said above it can allow you to synch with Facebook and MSN.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 3 of 5 (6,550 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

Re: Contacts backup facility

I know this is an old topic, but I would to back-up my contacts and having sgned on with 360.com, I cannot get them to send an sms message to install the settings on my HTC Desire HD.

I deleted my old Sony Ericsson C905 which was still on 360's system hoping to start new back-up.

Please help, thanks,

MattyD1 wrote:
Hi Robert

Thanks for the question - backing up data and contacts is certainly becoming more commonplace.

Thanks also to have2laugh for the suggestion, the people feature on 360 is certainly available across a wide range of phones.

And like's been said above it can allow you to synch with Facebook and MSN.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum Team

Message 4 of 5 (6,014 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Re: Contacts backup facility

Unfortunately Vodafone 360 didn't prove to be much cop at all. I have a Motorola Defy and after numerous attempts/issues with trying to get the settings sent to my handset and failing I gave up. Vodafone 360 is more hassle than its worth and in my case I found it to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

The best way to back up contacts is by using Google. When you first had your desire HD you would have needed to register a Google mail email address. As long as you've done this then syncing/backing up your contacts is a doddle.

If you go through the settings menu on any Android Mobile and look for the option Accounts or Sync. Once selected you'll see a list of three Google Sync items. Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail & Sync Calendar. As long as your connected to either a wifi network or mobile data just select Sync Contacts and after a few seconds your mobile will sync all of the contacts on your mobile with your Google Mail Account.

If you should lose your phone and use a new one, all you need to do is register your Google Mail address and your contacts will sync to your new phone.

Should you wish to access your contacts via the internet you can. Just go to http://www.google.com/contacts

Log in here with your Google email address and password then you'll see a list of all the contacts you've synced from your phone. 

It sounds long winded but once you try it you'll see how easy and straightforward it is. Google is a lot more reliable and user friendly than any of the Vodafone 360 tripe.

Message 5 of 5 (6,011 Views)
iPhone 6