Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract Phone hasn't arrived

OmegaRed
1: Seeker
I placed an order for a new contract phone, got a delivery date of today and it hasn't arrived. Your Vodafone website can't locate the order number that you quoted on your emails to me, the DPD website is constantly saying "awaiting parcel to arrive" but if I ring their query number, they say they can't locate my parcel number or my mobile number. Not only that but my fiancee waited in all day today to take delivery so she's a bit angry! Bearing in mind that we'll both be at work from Wednesday to Friday, it looks like I'll have a 10 mile round trip to my nearest DPD office to pick it up. Guess I can't claim the money my fiancee lost from not working or the petrol it's going to take me to pick it up can I?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Phil

Just wanted to say thank you - the phone has arrived and I'm just waiting for the SIM to go active now.

Thanks to all of the Forum team too, it's been much better than dealing with the people in my local Vodafone shop!

Happy new year :Smiling:

Mike

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi OmegaRed,

Did you get a dispatch email letting you know your phone was on it's way?

Also have you checked Track my online delivery - Vodafone to see what the status is from Vodafone's end?

It does sound an aweful lot like DPD has messed up (not for the first time) and potentially lost the package.

Nabs

OmegaRed
1: Seeker
Hi Nabs. I did get the despatch email giving the delivery date of 31st December and the online tracking on the Vodafone website can't locate the order - even though I copied and pasted directly from the despatch email they sent me! Not a happy bunny.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi OmegaRed, 

Thanks for your post and I completely understand your frustration in this matter.  So that we can look into why the phone wasn't delivered on the 31st and when you can expect the phone, please follow the instructions I've sent to you via PM.  

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks, 

Phil

I'm in the same boat here - visited the shop to be told that the phone (Galaxy S5) left the Vodafone warehouse on 13th November, but hadn't got any further. Was assured that DPD would investigate and somebody would get back to me.

2 Weeks later and nothing heard via email or my alternative contact number, so used e-chat and was called back only to be bounced around 6 different departments (all of which I had to explain the issue again). Finally got through to a manager who checked with the warehouse and DPD and concluded it was lost. Another investigation by DPD was required.

1 week later and I've still got no phone! This is extremely frustrating as nobody can contact me (my number ported over from EE) and I'm being billed line rental for a device I do not have!

Please, Vodafone, sort it out!

Phil

Hi @mikekocziban 

We'll be happy to look into this for you.  Please contact us here and we'll be in touch.  

Thanks, 

Phil

Hi Phil

Just wanted to say thank you - the phone has arrived and I'm just waiting for the SIM to go active now.

Thanks to all of the Forum team too, it's been much better than dealing with the people in my local Vodafone shop!

Happy new year :Smiling:

Mike

Hi @mikekocziban

Thanks for letting us know and for the great comments. Happy New Year!

Jamian