Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cubot GT72 dual sim

littlebobthesta
3: Seeker
I purchased the above phone, as I can only use Vodafone up at my caravan in Scotland (Dumfries & Galloway) for the internet, to my dissapointment I could not connect to the internet. I therefore took the phone to a local Vodafone shop, they checked the settings, and said it was a fault with the phone. my other sim is with T Mobile, it will connect to the internet,I have swapped the sim cards over, the T Mobile will work on both, why can I not connect to Vodafone, it worked on my older phone why not on my new phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi littlebobthesta,

Welcome to the eForum!

With this being a phone we don't range, you'll need to enter the internet settings manually. You'll find a full guide on how to do this here. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi littlebobthesta,

Welcome to the eForum!

With this being a phone we don't range, you'll need to enter the internet settings manually. You'll find a full guide on how to do this here. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi littlebobthesta :Smiling:

It is very likely, you will still not be able to connect, using the settings given on the Vodafone Settings page (the link kindly given by Ben_H).  It is definitely not a fault with your phone or Vodafone... so, don't worry. Hopefully my post will get you up and running, if all else fails :Smiling:

Vodafone sim's need to be set up slightly different to most other networks, in these phones. It's nothing too technical, though. Set out below, is how my Cubot P9 and Star N9599T are set up. Also see the attached screenshots.

(if you haven’t done this before)
1 - Go in to Settings. In the Wireless & Networks section, select More...
2 - Select Mobile networks
3 - Select Access Point Names
4 - Select the Vodafone sim

Now, there should be three entries listed. If you are on pay and go, as I suspect,

5 - Set to Vodafone Prepay, then, tap the entry.

In the now open Edit Access Point section - make sure the following are set, if not, edit as shown:

Name
Vodafone Prepay

APN
pp.vodafone.co.uk

APN type
default,mms,supl

Proxy
Not set

Port
Not set

Username
wap

Password
wap

Server
Not set

MMSC
http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy

MMS Port

MNC

Authentication Type * this bit is important, otherwise you will not connect *
None

APN Protocol
IPV4

APN Roaming Protocol
IPV4

APN Enable/Disable
APN enabled

Bearer
Unspecified

IMPORTANT: Once you have made the changes, tap the menu key and select Save.

That's it. Your Cubot should now access the net and so forth. Just be aware, that the Cubot GT72 is not 3G/4G, so things will not be quite as fast as those that are.

Hope that helps :Smiling:

Rob

Thanks Rob, but still no internet conection. I did what you said, the only thing that was different was, in between

the MMS port  8799 and MNC 15, there is a field that says MCC 234. would this be making a difference? cheers

Thanx again Rob, I have it up and running now. when I was pressing save on prepay, it was not saving, so I kept on trying until it did. so once again, thank you. (how come the vodafone help team could not sort it out??????????)

This also works for my Aspera R5 which is also a dual SIM.

Thank you.

To get to the Aspera APN settings ... WIRELESS &NETWORKS then More then Mobile networks then Access point names then Vodafone UK.

rob_h
4: Newbie
Hi littlebobthesta :Smiling:

Sorry I didn't respond to your earlier post.

Glad you now have your phone up and running. I would have asked if you saved the settings, before running them. However, there is no need now, given lastest post :Laughing_Face:

The reason Vodafone could offer little to no assistance in this case, is they don't offer these kind of phones on any of their plans/packages. So, with that, have no hands on experience with them.

However, one of the benefits of the forums, is that someone else is sure to know :Smiling:

Rob

Thank you, I have been searching on how to do this since getting my phone, you are the only one who has posted something that works...THANK YOU :smileyhappy:

littlebobthesta
thankx again