Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cubot GT90 Dual Sim-2G Only

tonymc
4: Newbie
Hi,

I have a Cubot GT90 dual sim phone, but one of the slots is only for 2G SIMs. I have tried a number of different 3G SIM cards that work perfectly well with an old Blackberry 8520 (2G model), but the Cubot will not recognise any card in the 2G slot.

Do Vodafone offer a 2G SIM at all to replace an existing 3G SIM card?

Many thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I don't believe that this is something that Vodafone will be able to supply you as all the SIM cards they supply are the 3G version.  This is mainly because the 3G SIM has increased storage and also better security.   In theory, the device should be able to read a 3G SIM but as it is not a device that Vodafone range or support, it is going to be hard for anyone to give you a conclusive answer to your issue. 

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I agree.  As Vodafone only supply 2 & 4G devices, they're unlikely to have 2G SIMS available.   Cubot offer what seem to be a lot of features for a very attractive price, but they're designed for a variety of markets and don't always work in all of them.

Thanks both for the replies - I suspected there wouldn't be a 2G SIM available, but at least I can stop looking now!!