Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cubot P7 wifi authentication problem

valentinesands
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi guys,

I have been googling my problem and just seen you help another poster with a different kind of Cubot phone, having connectivity problems, so I joined the forum.

The phone is as above a Cubot P7 dual sim.

It will not connect to the wi-fi or internet at all. It initially says saved, but then comes up with Authentication problem.

The sim card is TalkTalk/Vodaphone and is monthly contract.

Any ideas what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Val

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member

as per this thread you need to do the following
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-and-OS/Data-connection-on-a-Dapeng-A75/td-p/11909...

go to settings , mobile networks, apn 

Edit the APN and set Authentication type to 'NONE', save and it should be winner winner chicken dinner.

Worked on a Cubot p9 and Doogee DG300 I've owned

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Hi there

I'm afraid that Vodafone don't range this device so are unable to provide you with device specific support. You can get the generic internet settings from the link below.

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...

PWIAC

Well I gathered that, hence the problem I am having. But I had seen someone on here being very helpful to another poster with the same problem.

Never mind

Cheers

Val

@valentinesands 

We're unable to support this handset as it's not one we range and you'll need to contact the manufacturer.

Providing you have the correct internet settings you should be good to go.

DaveCD

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The wifi issue would be independent of the SIM, but there can be issues with the frequency that some Cubot devices operate on - as regards the mobile network connection.   Vodafone 3G is 900mhz and these devices tend to work on 850.

hooker1uk

as per this thread you need to do the following
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-and-OS/Data-connection-on-a-Dapeng-A75/td-p/11909...

go to settings , mobile networks, apn 

Edit the APN and set Authentication type to 'NONE', save and it should be winner winner chicken dinner.

Worked on a Cubot p9 and Doogee DG300 I've owned

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.