Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data connection on a Dapeng A75

smccartney
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I have a Chinese phone Dapeng A75 with dual sims and ICS.

It won't connect to Vodafone data, I'm using a PAYG sim and the following settings;

pp.vodafone.co.uk

wap

wap

but have tried loads of others.

I've been in two different Vodafone shops, one was much more helpful than the other (changed the sim, confirmed all the settings etc) but neither could fix it.

My phone works with an o2 sim and the Vodafone sim works in my other older Chinese Star A5000 phone.

Any suggestions would be apprerciated.

Stephen

26 REPLIES 26

Hi guys, I contacted the seller Dracotek who sold the phonethrough Amazon. Thy suggested that the phone has dual sim one of them is for WCDMA and tge other for GSM. I understand most sims available in uk have both the features and we have to keep the handsets in GSM/WCDMA mode. The. WCDMA would be required for the HSDPA connections which I think is the fastest. I inserted the sim into either of the slots but theydon't provide any data connection unfortunately. Orange, t mobile and i2 works. Something special about Vodafone which might only work on WCDMA plus GSM Mode. Any ideas?

I will be able to check the fast dormancy fix next week. When I try to use my Spanish sim.
I must say I'm disappointed with vodafone's lack of input. They hide behind their "we cannot support these devices" statement but we know these phones work with every other provider. So something is different about vodsfone Sims but they won't tell us what!

Success!! 

Back in Spain Vodafone data connection wouldn't work.

Tried the above suggestion of going into eng. mode and switching off FD. No joy.

The answer is actually very simple go into APN and set Authentication type to 'NONE' and bingo happy days.

I was going to change operator tomorrow but no need now.

Stephen

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

could it be something as simple as this.

many chinese dual sim devices have the same imei number installed on many devices (most used are pulled from phone forum pages, hence the eforum remove them) Example in this youtube video from 4.mins in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piubvIL_IGE&feature=relmfu

in many cases if the network spots similar it's within it's rights to disable them if suspicous, in many aisian countries these devices are illegal as in some cases they don't have an imei number loaded on in the factory 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

Hi stephen, thanks for posting your results over dapeng a75, dont no how you worked it out. but brilliant, done what you suggested and in your words BINGO, phone now up and running.thanks pete:

I have a Jiayu G2S and I can confirm that going into the APN and set Authentication type to 'NONE' works a treat.

Good job SMCCARTNEY!! I was struggling to sort out WAP on my phone and vodafone were not any help.,. They should take note about this, and recommend it to people who phoning up

Hi stephen thanks for your last advice on settings all works great but can you help with another problem. I am having trouble sending and receiving picture messages. tried vodafone but they are rubbish. thanks peter

Hi monreith0, 

You just simply need to type **61*121*11*xx# into your phone. (xx is the number of seconds you wish to delay it by and should be a multiple of 5 and can be up to 30 seconds).

We can check picture messages are enabled on your number if you drop us an email, I'm sorry we don't have the settings for the handset you use. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

monreith0
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

hi can anyone tell me how to extend the ring time on dapeng a75, at present it only rings for about 10 seconds, so if not close by you miss your call. thanks pete.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi monreith,

You can simply extend your ringtone by typing in the phone command listed here. :Smiling:

Jenny