Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deleting Contacts on Smart 4 Mini

Geog123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am setting up my son's Smart 4 mini for him.  I have input a number of contacts, which I have saved to the USIM unsynced.  This was an error, I want to delete all contacts and save contacts to his gamil account (or export the contacts from the sim to the google account).  I cannot see how to edit or delete the contacts.  Online guides suggest that having selected a contact I should be able to see a menu button (three vertically aligned dots) at the lower right of the screen giving access to menu options like delete/edit/export.  However, there is no such icon.  Neither holding nor double-tapping gives me any access to any edit options.  I would be grateful for any guidance or advice.

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Geog123,

Welcome to the eForum.

To delete a contact you’ll need to:

1. Select the contact you’re looking to delete by clicking on the image to the left of the number, 
  2. It’ll bring up a separate box, click on the image again, 
  3. Then click the menu button at the bottom right of the phone,
  4. Then finally click delete. 

Cheers,

Laura 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Just to add to what Laura said, in the Contacts app, make sure that the default location for storage is the phone rather than the SIM and that the default type is Google, then also that only phone contacts are displayed - then it doesn't matter if they stay on the SIM.  I must say I thought it was possible to copy contacts from the SIM to internal memory, but I'm stumped if there's no option and it's not mentioned in the manual.  It's possible it's done en bloc when you see the list and before you open an individual entry.

You might find it quicker to set the contacts up on your son's Google account on a pc, then just let than sync with the phone.  You still need to set location and type, though, to make sure anything added later on the phone goes in the right place.

I've always advocated keeping a few emergency contacts on the SIM so that, if the phone fails, you can stick the SIM in any other device and get access to them.  I really must do it myself sometime!