Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting sim card to work in new phone

stunley
4: Newbie

I recently got a SIM only contract, as I was happy with my Galaxy s3, and then I dropped it into the lavatory.

I bought a Oneplus One, which takes the same SIM, and thought it was just a matter of popping it in the new phone, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I can't find any help with this, most posts seem to be about activating new SIMs in old phones, or new SIMs in new phones etc.

Could someone tell me what steps I need to take to get the SIM working in the new phone? I took note of the numbers on the SIM and the imei number of the new phone. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Is the phone you have bought unlocked as it may not work with a Vodafone SIM card if it isn't.  You don't need to activate the SIM card as it should already be activated.

PWIAC

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stunley 

If the SIM is the same one then it's already activated and you'll just need to put this in a compatible phone.

I would also recommend trying a new SIM in case the current one is damaged from the accident.

You can get one of these from your local store or by speaking with Live help.

DaveCD

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Is it possible that this is one of those devices that operates on 850mhz?  Vodafone 3G works on 900 and 2100, so that could potentially be the issue.  What happens if you restrict the phone to 2G only?