Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Google Nexus 5 Android 5.1 update

d4rkcell
2: Seeker

I got a message saying it looks like I changed my SIM or upgraded my phone not long after applying the Android 5.1 update to my nexus 5. It said auto setup was not available on my device and I would need to enter settings manually.

This lead me to the http://vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo page. Here it says to text WEB to 40127. I did this but have not received a text yet. So I went to search for manual settings and the same settingsinfo page directs me to the device guides. Unfortunately the google nexus 5 (which i believe is an LG) is not listed. I selected another LG branded android phone hoping it would be very similar but this leads me back to the same settingsinfo page which does not explain how to manually configure the phone for Internet (4g) and picture messaging (MMS). Bit stuck!

The next thing is the Internet etc. was working fine before applying android 5.1 so what's changed? Do I actually need to update the settings on my phone or have vodafone made some kind of mistake?

Can anyone offer any advice on what to do?

2 REPLIES 2

d4rkcell

As per another article on this forum i found this.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings#Vodafone%20Android%20APN%MMS%Mobile%Intern...

which seems to have worked only my once 4g connection is now only G!!!

Will leave it for a bit and see if it makes any difference. I must admit this is terrible. Never had to do this on any other mobile network. Will definitely be considering jumping back to EE or 3 when my deal is up.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@d4rkcell

Please ensure you're using the following settings in the network settings on your handset:

For Pay as you go:

• pp.Vodafone.co.uk
  • username is web
  • password is web

For Pay monthly:

• wap.Vodafone.co.uk
  • username is wap
  • password is wap

The signal may not be down to the update, and so we can check this take a look at our network troubleshooting steps.

DaveCD