cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How Much Does It Cost To Cancel A Contract ?

kishan9412vadher
Not applicable
I currently pay £34.05 a month and have 6 remanding months to pay. I was looking to stay with vodafone after the contract has been cancelled and to take out another one.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
I currently pay £34.05 a month and have 6 remanding months to pay. I was looking to stay with vodafone after the contract has been cancelled and to take out another one.

Your remaining months line rental, minus 25% and VAT for not receiving a service.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi kpvadher, welcome to the eForum!

AnnS has provided spot on information here - thanks AnnS!

You'll find the cost of your monthly line rental without VAT on your invoice - or if you've registered for online billing through My Account then you can see it on there. Just multiply this by the number of months remaining on your agreement to get the full amount - if you're part way through a month, then you'll need to allow for those extra days as well.

Whilst you then pay the full amount, as AnnS mentions we refund 25% with the final invoice, which goes towards covering any charges incurred. We then credit you back anything remaining.

I would also just like to check if there's any specific reason you were looking to cancel the existing deal? I'd certainly like to make sure that we've covered every base to make sure that you get to where you want to be by the best method for you. And with regards to the new deal, don't forget to check out the full range of Vodafone handsets to make sure you've got the right one for you!

If you want us to confirm the exact amount for you or to arrange this, and also to arrange the new contract you mention, then let us know and we'll pop an email to you!

DaveN

eForum Team

gemma25and
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
my contract ends in july but i want to cancel it now, i dont think am getting the best deal an i need a new phone, can anyone tell me if there is a cancellation fee and if so how much?

63johnw
Hi, the fee can be obtained by calling 191 or using livechat.

It works out roughly as your monthly payment minus the VAT then multiply by number of months left then there is a 2% reduction.