Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Ascend G7 4G

rikkus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just bought a Huawei Ascend G7, which according to the seller website (Expansys) and the stickers on the phone, supports 4G.

I haven't managed to get it to pick up 4G, however, despite following the instruction of a Huawei support representative to ensure that 2G/3G/4G is selected in settings and also doing a factory reset.

A Nokia Lumia 635 and iPhone 5s pick up 4G in the same places (same network) so I'm sending the phone back for a replacement, however, I'm wondering: could be a compatibility issue between the phone and Vodafone's network?

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's possible that this isn't a UK spec phone and is operating on a different channel.  On 2 & 3G, it's possible to do a direct comparison of the frequencies, but 4G is always quoted in terms of channels, which is less easy to de-code.  

So would that mean Expansys might be selling models not intended for the UK market (there was a non-UK charger in the box, so this could be the case)?

I've already asked them for a replacement to see if that fixes the problem, but if it doesn't, this might explain why.

hrym

I've looked at Expansys quite a lot in the past, but I don't think I've ever bought anything from them.   They are, as far as I know, European based and I've certainly heard of stuff coming form them with European plugs.   I'd assume they check UK compatibility, but...

(This issue is ringing faint bells, though).