Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei W2-U00 Windows 8.1 Developer Preview

smspop
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was having problems not receiving or sending MMs messages, I done a reset and now I cannot get past the "network settings" selection, I try to select "vodafone postpay" and it freezes.

So no internet apn or mms apn will be set because of this,

Huawei W2-U00

software windows 8.1

os ver: 8.10.121397.895

firmware ver: 3039.0004.30600.12210

hardware rev number HD1W2M Ver A

chip soc 8230

I downgraded to windows 8.0 and all the settings went in manually when I put my vodafone sim in, upgraded again to 8.1 to test my theory and the settings were missing.

It will let me enter the setings but they dont save no matter how many times I try, preforming a reset of the phone makes the problem worse, it removes the internet apn also and causes a freeze after selecting "vodafone postpay" in network settings.Can someone look into this issue before the public release of windows 8.1

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi smspop,

Thanks for your post.

You can get the internet and MMS settings sent directly to your phone.

Thanks,

Ian

Sorry. We were not able to send your settings.

You might need to enter the settings manually, visit vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo for more information.

Legacy BlackBerry users (before BB10) will need BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS) to access internet and email services.

If you're a Corporate or Public Sector customer, please contact your IT support desk or Vodafone Business Support Manager as the settings may be specific to your organisation.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I have a theory about why you are having issues.  You're using the developer preview of Windows 8.1 and it probably hasn't been certified for your device yet.  Both Microsoft and Vodafone go through quite a stringent testing process before certifying an update for use on a device. Also, there may be changes between the developer preview and the final build.  My recommendation would be to manually enter all the settings on your device.  You can find the settings here

PWIAC