Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huaweii G300 not working

javidaroqui
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, the smartphone is not working properly. It reboots itself. it loses internet connection and other issues. I have restored to the original  factory settings and doesn't solved the problem so I think it's a problem of the smartphone. I bought it from Amazon on February 2013. I have contacted Amazon customer service and they have told me to contact vodafome customer service. Their answer was "Please initially I'd request you visit the manufacturer's website, or contact them directly, as they may be able to offer troubleshooting and support with the issue you have with the product".

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

Yes, this is something you'll need to take up with Huawei.  As it didn't come from Vodafone, they won't be able to help you and I suspect Amazon would only cover it for a year.   Some manufacturers offer two years, but I don't know what Huawei's policy is - you can only ask.    It sounds very much like an issue with the battery.   18 months odd or so is quite a short life, unless you've allowed it to go flat at any point.  

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

Yes, this is something you'll need to take up with Huawei.  As it didn't come from Vodafone, they won't be able to help you and I suspect Amazon would only cover it for a year.   Some manufacturers offer two years, but I don't know what Huawei's policy is - you can only ask.    It sounds very much like an issue with the battery.   18 months odd or so is quite a short life, unless you've allowed it to go flat at any point.  

Sorry, I didn't post all the information. It was a vodafone product, thats why Amazon send to vodafone customer service. 

Hi javisdaroqui,

The Huawei G300 isn't manufactured by us. You'll need to discuss any issue directly with Huawei, as we wouldn't be able to repair any phone not provided directly by us.

Thanks,

Matt B

hrym

I don't have direct personal experience of it, but I have heard stories of Amazon being a bit cavalier with regard to guarantees and sending people elsewhere (usually the manufacturer) even before 12 months is up.  In this case, of course, it's more than that, so it's not so unreasonable - except that they should have pointed you at Huawei, not Vodafone.

EU consumer rules say that a product should last a "reasonable" amount of time.  In some cases, such as a dishwasher, this is fairly clear.  With a mobile phone, it's more difficult as faults may be software or hardware related, caused by usage or third party apps which wouldn't fall under the guarantee and so on.  People who haev tried to use these rules have also faced an uphill battle (and I'm not even sure whether the rules apply to the seller always or at some point switch over to the manufacturer).