cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I am in South Africa Bought a Vodafone 858 smart from Vodacom. Need a new battery

RobertSehannie
Not applicable
I need a new battery for a Vodafone 858 smart Vodacom South Africa who sold me the phone do not support the device Great partners Vodafone have.
2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

There is nothing better than someone coming to this forum and not knowing how to ask a question politely.

Its a shame, you would have received some advise if you had asked correctly, used the word please,  and finished with thank you.

I suggest you do a Google, you may find your own answer.

hrym

Replacement batteries can be difficult to source through the retail channel as there's not a large demand for them.  Online is usually best.   It's almost impossible to tell whether your're getting a genuine one, but avoiding anything that looks too cheap is usually fairly safe.   I'm not familiar with this phone - does it have a user-replaceable battery or is it sealed?

Also, if it's fairly new, you could try asking for a replacement under warranty.   If not, the lack of support might be down to age??   If it's not within warranty and it's a sealed device, ti might be cheaper to buy a new phone than to pay for the battery to be replaced.