Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have the LG G4. Shoot your questions this way

K2Climber
2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

I'm among the few lucky ones given the chance by LG and the insiders to test out the LG G4 before it makes it to the market. I have the handset now and I am also on Vodafone so shoot your questions my way and I'll spend a couple of minutes every day answering as many as I can.

Best,

28 REPLIES 28

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi there,

Congratulations on getting hold of a G4... :smileyhappy:

One of the few critisms i've heard about the camera is the over sharpenning of images.

The F/1.8 lens should give a lovely Bokeh to backgrounds but the software attempts to sharpen the entire image not just the focussed area.

Is this something you have noticed yourself and do you know if it's been fed back to LG?

TSD

If you have used a Samsung before, such as the S4/5/6 or any Note versions, how does the LG software compare?

Is there any stuttering?

Finally, is it Cat6 enabled?

Thanks!!

K2Climber
I haven't seen much of over sharpening and I think that would only be seen when side by side compared to another capable camera and not on its own.
Landscapes are sharp throughout and bokehs are proper sharp in the focus area and faded in the background
I can't link my sample shots here but check out my twitter komeilkarimi or the #TryLGG4 and you can see some ordinary folks' snaps

K2Climber
The specs say it is Cat6 enabled and I've used Samsung S5 shortly and this is so much more mature. I do use a custom launcher and have been for 4 years but for the test run I've stuck with LG's own. Turned off a few features here and there (which I don't use but that was very personal use case not because they don't work) and it is snappy and clean.
I don't like the notification toggle setup and I think Android or overlays like Sense are much better but still a good couple of steps above Touchwiz

Thank you, very detailed! Just something else, is it 1080p 60fps? I've heard conflicting reports, and is the brightness good enough for bright days?

K2Climber
In replying while walking on the street on a bright London day and have the brightness down to half because more hurts my eyes. The auto mode is top notch and I've never had to wait for it to adapt. As soon as I looked down it was ready and visible.
By 1080p 60fps if you mean video recording capability yes. The front 8MP camera can do that too, and the main camera is miles ahead

I like the sound of it!!

Oh I was told just 30fps for front camera video.

How are you finding the quick charge?

K2Climber
To be honest I've never tested it. Never needed a boost during the day. Go to bed with %30-35 left in the tank and fully charged in the morning. I'll try gettng it to below %20 to try it out this afternoon

That sounds very good on the battery side then! Last one!! You mentioned you are in London, is there any chance you could run a few speed tests to confirm whether it is cat 6 (LTE-A)? I can't believe how much the specs vary from website to website