cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is Nexus 5 only available via carphone warehouse on vodafone?

fairywishes1
4: Newbie

Hi Everyone :0)

I'm presuming from what i've read and researched on this forum that Vodafone is not doing the Google Nexus 5 other then via carphone warehouse :0(

Grrr really needing to upgrade my husbands phone and he wants the Nexus 5

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Vodafone haven't previously supplied any of the Nexus range as typically these are supplied by third party retailers.  It appears that Carphone Warehouse are supplying the Nexus 5.  You can find the currently available phones here. Carphone Warehouse should be able to upgrade the contract for you.

The alternative is to buy the handset outright and use it with a SIM Only plan.

PWIAC

Yeah, since Nexus 5 is manufactured by LG and (Vodafone does not do LG phones) they won't provide this one, but waiting to see if they get a new agreement to release the G3..

Thanks for the info, i really didn't want to shift to carphone warehouse to get it, especially as their deals are rubbish on the website :0( Would rather have gone through vodafone directly.  Any idea if The carphone warehouse offer better deals in store then online?

drey_p

@nappleton wrote:

Any idea if The carphone warehouse offer better deals in store then online?

As far as I am aware, they are the same.  Do bear in mind that a lot of the deals are for new customers ie you will have to take out a new contract in order to get them.

PWIAC

Actually I think they do better deals than Vodafone these days but depends what you are after.I always get my upgrades trough vodafone but considering switching to CPW as they provide more phones and deals, sometimes you get free items:) not going to go in detail as it will look bad here lol.

Northern-dj
You can do your own deal
Bare in mind you are paying for the phone my mate did this he paid for his phone on a credit card then got a sim only
He then looked for the best price to buy the phone and car phone warehouse was the cheapest to buy the phone
It's easy to work out on most plans 60% of what you pay is for the phone the rest is to contract
The nexus is a LG but all nexus phones are not aloud to be touched by networks eg there firmware networks don't like this this is why most networks that do bloat there phones don't do the nexus or LG as they both say a big fat NO to networks