Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G Flex 2 - Firmware update soon ?

seavord
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hello, is there a date or something on when the phone will be updated as android is currently on 5.1.1 yet the flex 2 is still on 5.0.1 with many issues with battery life and the cpu fixed on the later versions it is a bit annoying we are still on an update from around the start of december meaning we have a phone with bad overheating and fast depleting battery again fixed in the later versions, i know there is a firmware update out there for this phone but it would require me flashing the rom which i dont want to do because i should be getting updates from you.. it seems like you just straight up abandoned the phone and ive already seen the firmware topic, and it doesnt answer anything

7 REPLIES 7

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @seavord

Thanks for your post :Smiling: 

I'm afraid that we're unable to provide dates, or timescales, for firmware updates. 

Take a look at this firmware post for more info. 

You should receive a notification on your phone when it's available. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

thanks for not reading what i said further on than the first line, i said i read about the firmware post, this is no excuse its been 5 months now and still no update pushed out, like i said most of the fixes that helped the battery and cpu were helped in later patches yet we are still on 5.0.1 which is a release firmware.. please check in with the technical team and report back i am disapointed how slowly it has taken you to release an update for this phone

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, Amanda has given you Vodafone's response and probably won't elaborate any further as that's all the information they are given.

This question comes up regularly and it's always the same answer, they don't give out dates for updates before they come out.

i dont see why not, it doesnt help the community at all, for all we know they havent iven looked into updating it ..

63johnw
The reason behind it is if they announce a date and then miss it because of an unforeseen problem they get slated by customers, they can't win either way really.

if they are having this many unseen problems then i think its time to hire a new tech team.. cause 5 months is really bad

Hi @seavord

All firmware is tested off site and by the developers.

As soon as there’s an update this will be pushed out to your phone.

Cheers,

Laura