Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G Flex 2 Overheating

vrbarreto
4: Newbie

Hi Everyone.. Had my GFlex 2 for about 2 weeks now and I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with it overheating..

Mine will randomly get very warm and stop responding.In some instances the phone will just be in my pocket and warm up to a quite uncomfortable temperature..

The heat always seems to start from the top of the phone and work it's way down?

I've asked the nice customer services people to take the phone in for a look but was wondering if anyone had a similar experience?

Vince.

59 REPLIES 59

Unbelievable really that we're not even getting any more replies from staff anymore. Disgraceful company who see their customers as no more than trees that grow money on them.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @treetreetree2 and @vrbarreto

We can send your phone off for repair but we're unable to replace it with an alternative make or model. 

I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for further information about this, as we aren't aware of this being a known issue.

Thanks,

ChazzD

Hi Chazz.. Thank you for the Vodafone line of 'We'll either repair or replace the phone with the same model'

I think you'll find that the sales of goods act stipulates that you can replace the product if it is not fit for purpose.It just takes a bit of good will which is something I thought Vodafone would be willing to do for:

a) a customer who has returned to Vodafone

b) a customer is paying a not insignificant amount of money for a 2 year contract.

A number of people have this issue with their phone so I suggest that it is not an isolated issue..

Also the fact that there is a whole sleuth of reporting on the internet that the phone does indeed heat up.

Also my lovely overheating phone seems to have gotten lost somewhere between the shop and your repair facility.

If you do replace my handset how do I know you're not just going to give me an overheating handset that someone else has already returned?

I've already had my phone 'repaired' twice and it still had the same issue.

Luckily the Vodafone store have been a bit more helpful and I'm waiting to see what they can come up with

BTW I really do like this phone... In fact if there was a chance it wouldn't overheat i would accept another one. BUT with the reports and having spoken to some Vodafone staff in person.. I'm not convinced.

vrbarreto is completely right. you simply cannot justify selling us a product that according to the sales of goods acts is not fit for purpose. this is a disgrace. im paying £40 pounds a month and being forced to use a nokia brick as i was not even offered a courtesy phone. the worst part is the incompetant lazy staff at vodafone are not even trying to help, in fact this hasnt even been raised as an issue!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @vrbarreto

As these are isolated cases, we're unable to recall the handset or replace it with another model. 

We'd only look at alternative options if LG were to confirm it was a problem with every single device.

If you're unhappy with our repairs process, you're entitled to approach LG for a second opinion.

In the meantime, we'll continue to service or repair the phone under the warranty.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks Ben.. LG are waiting to see what happens with yourselves.. Anyway you can't repair or service my phone as Vodafone seem to have lost it.. I can't see why in this instance I can't be given a different phone altogether?

Hi @vrbarreto

I’m sorry to hear this.

So we can take a look at what’s happened with the phone, speak to our Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura!

They've given me a brand new Flex 2 and said that they have had to as that was the phone I had previously and to see how this phone goes. Customer services told me yesterday that if Vodafone had lost the phone (it was 1 of 3 which were lost in transit) I could have a replacement phone of a different model upto the value of the Flex 2. Hmmmmmm

They are not isolated cases. I have exactly the same issue. 

My company currently uses vodafone as our provider, I have reported the incident to them also.

If the other guys on this thread want to jointly lodge a complaint to whatever body we have here the UK, I will happily assist.

Regards

Thanks ncronshaw

My company too uses Vodafone as our carrier and I'll speak to our Telecoms Manager next week about who I can talk to at Vodafone.

I'm going to set the phone up again this weekend and see what happens.. If as I suspect it does the overheating.. I am going to take it back to the shop and pester them again and again.. Not happy that they could have replaced my phone for something else.. hell I would have taken a G3 but they have instead given me a brand new Flex 2!!!

Customer service on the phone said I could have a phone upto the value of the replacement for a flex 2

Shop told me that because a batch of phones was lost they can only give me like for like.

Which one is accurate?