Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G Flex 2 Overheating

vrbarreto
4: Newbie

Hi Everyone.. Had my GFlex 2 for about 2 weeks now and I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with it overheating..

Mine will randomly get very warm and stop responding.In some instances the phone will just be in my pocket and warm up to a quite uncomfortable temperature..

The heat always seems to start from the top of the phone and work it's way down?

I've asked the nice customer services people to take the phone in for a look but was wondering if anyone had a similar experience?

Vince.

59 REPLIES 59

Getting phone back from repair for a second time tmrw so we'll see what happens but i have very little faith. So if the phone does overheat again I will give the store one last chance to change for s6 or cut contract and if they refuse I will take further action.

This is pathetic.. New phone arrvied on Friday.

Today.. massive overheat... lasted 15 minutes... Wasn't doing anything with it. It was in my pocket n the train home... Honestly I could smell toasting plastic.. I'm going back to the Vodafone store again tomorrow... I want a manager to contact me on how to resolve this issue.. 2 phones and both with the same issue.. This is not isolated...

Just got my phone back today and after about 10 minutes the phone heated up to 45C. Downloaded an app which told me this. The compass doesnt work either (it constantly points in the wrong direction). Therefore will go back into the vodafone store on Saturday and if they refuse to either give me a gs6 or cut the contract I will go to an ombudsman. Disgraceful company. Complete crooks.

Hi everyone,

It’s a shame to hear this has happened.

I've sent you all a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Sarah

i simply want to be guranteed that when i walk into the store this saturday i will be guranteed a different model phone preferably a galaxy s6 , i dont want to waste any more time

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@treetreetree2 wrote:

i simply want to be guranteed that when i walk into the store this saturday i will be guranteed a different model phone preferably a galaxy s6 , i dont want to waste any more time

Have you had the phone for 14 days or less?  If so, you will be able to return it to the store you bought it from and have them swap it out.  If not, as said above, you are going to have to send it off for repair again.

I think your best option is going to be to speak to LG directly as you've been previously advised.  As the manufacturer they have a lot more discretion when it comes to dealing with issues.

PWIAC

are you joking? I've sent it in for repair twice already with no success. I'm going to an obudsman if this is not resolved by Monday. Complete shambles.

drey_p

@treetreetree2 wrote:

are you joking? I've sent it in for repair twice already with no success. 

That is why it may be an idea to contact the manufacturer directly!

PWIAC

Store have been great.. Bye bye LG G Flex 2.. Hello HTC One M8s which is slightly smaller but more than acceptable.. Thank you to everyone who has helped and good luck to everyone else who is having issues.

Just to let you know though I was told that the HTC One M8s and the Lg G3 were the only equivelent phones to the LG G Flex 2...

Hi all,

We have not been advised by LG of a fault with the Flex which causes it to overheat.

You could contact the LG directly regarding this matter. They might be able to give you more information regarding this.

Thanks

Mark