Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G Flex 2 Overheating

vrbarreto
4: Newbie

Hi Everyone.. Had my GFlex 2 for about 2 weeks now and I was wondering if anyone else had an issue with it overheating..

Mine will randomly get very warm and stop responding.In some instances the phone will just be in my pocket and warm up to a quite uncomfortable temperature..

The heat always seems to start from the top of the phone and work it's way down?

I've asked the nice customer services people to take the phone in for a look but was wondering if anyone had a similar experience?

Vince.

59 REPLIES 59

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi. LG denied overheating issues earlier in the year going from a couple of articles I read. If it is becoming an issue it sounds like you're going down the right route already with customer services.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

It's been at the repair centre for about 5 hours and is soon to be returned. Has the status of

33 OTHER - REPAIRED FAULT

Wonder what that means? Will let you know how it performs... Went back to using my HTC One M7 whilst it was in for repairs.. What wonders a factory reset can do to a phone!

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I was under the impression the alleged overheats were firmware related. 

It could be VF have a patched firmware for anyone who experiences overheats to try and fix things. 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

I've had it back a couple of weeks and it still gets quite warm.. Strangely usually when it comes into contact with a wi fi network that it is able to connect to..

Will see how it goes.. Have abandoned the case as that seemed to trap the heat as well...

Phone is a bit less laggy then it used to be and there have been a couple of software updates in the meantime.

ncronshaw
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Vince,

I'm seeing the exact samething. I also notice that the battery life drains extremly quickly when it overheats also. Today I was fully charged and unplugged at 06:30, by 13:00 with moderate to light use and several cases of heating up my pocket, it was in battery save mode.

When it does happen I tend to close down as many of the apps as I can. You shouldn't have to do this but it helps. 

I love the curve on the device, but its clearly not stable enough for serious usage. I'm requesting a replacement, will let you know how it goes...

Nick

Hi Nick,

Mine still heats and slows down but less often then it used to.. Please do let me know how you get on.

One thing I've noticed is that it tends to heat up more just as I come into range of the wifi at home.. Whether it is trying to update some apps and heating up from that is something I think I might investigate...

Vince.

Extremely warm on and off yesterday.. Battery did seem to drain quite quickly as well. It was so warm I couldn't put it next to my face and it took 3 minutes simply to bring up the dialer app and try and connect to Vodafone customer services.. Have spoken to them again and they've asked me to take it in for repairs again...

The story is....

Phone came back this morning.. Overheated twice... It's going back yet again to Vodafone for repair..

Having done a bit more research it seems that there may be a fundamental flaw with the phone:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/snapdragon-10-overheating-lg-g-...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/lg-fixed-initial-snapdragon-810-issues/

The vodafone store have said that it is likely I will get a replacement Flex 2 but what if this phone shows the same overheating issue as the original?

I phoned up customer services and they suggested I phone Vodafone Trade in but that's uesless as:

a) They don't even have the LG G Flex 2 listed and they basically told me that they exist to recycle old phones.

b) I want a phone that works! It's only been over a month since I took out a contract with Vodafone and even though customer services and the Vodafone store have been fab, I am beginning to get slightly annoyed.

Is it possible to get another different phone phone if the replacement shows the same issues as the original?

Anyone from Vodafone able to comment. I love the phone but I'm getting fed up of having to take it out of my pocket at random times and leaving it out in the open to cool down.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @vrbarreto

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’re having.

This will need to be sent for repair again, so I’m pleased to hear you’re doing this.

If they’re unable to repair the phone, it’ll be replaced by another of the same make and model.

Thanks,

Jenny