Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G2 not charging

biu55
4: Newbie

Dear Forum Members,

I have recently upgraded & renewed my Vodafone contract with a new LG G2 phone.

However, now after about 2 months the phone has stopped charging. I suspect the following:

- that it is either the plug, or 

- the phone itself

The wire still seems to be working, as I can still connect the phone to the computer through the wire.

Does anybody have advice for how best I can get Vodafone to solve this problem by either repairing or replacing the plug/wire ?

Many thanks for your tip.

Kind regards,

Biu55

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

Do you have another lead and charger you could try?   Or could you borrow one?  It doesn't need to be an LG one as most chargers are interchangeable and the device will simply draw the current it needs.   It that works, try your lead with the charger that works and see if it still works - if it does, it's your charger, if not, it's your lead.  Replacements for both are readily available but, if you're buying a new lead, make sure it's heavy enough to take the charge current.

Above all, try not to let the batter go flat as this won't do it much good and there's a small risk that it may stop working altogether (although recent phones do seem to have worked round that).

If a new charger and lead don't work, you'll need to get the device sent off for repair.

Dear Hrym,

Many thanks for your reply with your suggestions.

I have tried charging the phone with a Samsung charger and this works perfectly ! Thank you for this.

However, I am still within the 2 years warranty for the LG phone and would have thought that Vodafone will have no issue with supplying a replacement charger. Any advice on this ?

Kind regards,

Biu55

hrym

That's possible, but they'd have to source one.   It might be worth going direct to LG in the first instance - see if there's a support option on their website.   If you get nowhere there, you can still take the matter up with Vodafone.

The main thing is to find a way of keeping the device charged - it that was your own charger, you're fine on that score.

Dear Hrym,

Many thanks for your reply & suggestion.

Kind regards,

biu55