7: Helper

Will Vodafone be stocking the LG G2 ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there markwalker69,

Thanks for posting.

Anything about any forthcoming phones will be announced here.

Cheers,

LeeH

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

Your right I have now left Vodafone and purchased the phone else where, if it's not iphone or samsung there not interested not enough profit for them. Anyone interested can purchase the LG G2 from the carphone warehouse on your choice of network or with 3 which is out now, ee will be selling it shortly then O2 will be later this year.

I've gone ahead and ordered via carphone warehouse as they stock it.

Given that Carphone Warehouse stock the 16GB version then that is the place to go.  EXCEPT, I want the 32GB and LG chat told me yesterday that Vodafone will stock it "subject to demand".  Well there won't be any demand unless Vodafone decide to put it on their Pre-Order Section of the website.

Nothing short of hopeless; I am out of contract in 4 weeks and after so many years with Vodafone, it will be a shame to move to another provider but what choice do I have?  Cannot get a straight answer out of Vodaofone and so I can concur with someones previous comment about how many agents does it take to answer a closed question with a simple yes or no.  Its called mushroom management and to say the least, if I was a Vodafone employee, I would be very ######.  So far all they have managed to do is similarly ###### a good customer.  Valued?? ######

As if I was not having enough problems trying to track down the LG G2; today I went to your Chat help and was informed that the LG G2 was in store, in both the 16GB and 32GB versions.  I double checked with surpirse, received an affirmative reply and asked for the telephone number of the Bolton store and must have called it 6 times between 2pm and 4pm without anyone answering.

So I decided to go into Bolton; paid £2 to park the car and all positive and excited went into the empty shop (they don't answer the phone or return text messages) only to be greeted by a genius who had never heard of the LG G2 and tried to sell me the HTC One.  Although this is my second choice I declined, complaining that the Chat person; someone with an un-pronounceable name beginning with M, should be sacked for creating expectation with completely incorrect information.

Things just do not get better.  For what its worth; Carphone Warehouse next door are even worse.  I popped in to ask whether they were due to get the 32GB version only to be told that by the assistant, who was more interested in texting someone, that he had been off with tonsilitis for 2 weeks and didn't know.  Why I needed a medical bulletin to a simple question is beyond me.  Also; he needs sacking too as if he has been off for two weeks, then maybe he should spend some time while the shop is quiet doing some work resarching what has been happening in the marketplace.

Will I ever get this phone; all I can say is it had better live up to its billing.  Ther question is will Vodafone?  Aaaaahhhh.

Hi mystic_bol;ton,

I can only apologise for the incorrect information you were given.

As the guys have mentioned, news on upcoming releases is on our blog, and as you say there's nothing on the LG G2 there. It's also not in our online store so as it stands we're not stocking this.

I don't have any information on whether this will change in the coming months.

Dave

oh dear. Vodafone has decided not to stock one of the few phones that can realisticly compete with the Samsung Galaxy line of phones. The LG G2 is on par with the S4 in my opinion and I want one. Unfortunately I won't get one under vodafone so I'll be heading to another service provider that does.

I was on to Vodafone chat for 30min today to simply ask if they stocked the LG G2 32gb. After which time they told me that they did. I suspect that this isn't true. If this is the case what's the point of Vodafone chat?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As far as I can see, Vodafone don't stock any LG phones and I don't think I've ever seen one listed, either.

Hey Mark - I've got a joke for you, "How many Vodafone Tech Team Members does it take to answer a closed question?".

Clearly we haven't reached critical mass yet to allow for a simple "yes" or "no" to be posted.

Here's hoping additional TechTeam mates will be along shortly who can listen to the customer and respond appropriately.

iRadiate
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
stupid answer. clearly given the earlier questions and answers he's asking why he can get one on the Vodafone network from CPW but not from a Vodafone store. answer is simply that the idiots at Vodafone won't stock it.