Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G3 Cracks

d3lsk1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I just want to thanks vodfone for there treatment of a loyal and honest customer! After i contacted vodafone for a repair on my lg g3 (3 cracks appeared around the microphone, ir blaster and right hand bezel) they sent me on a jiffy bag to send the phone to their repair centre, promptly sent on the phone and waited! 5 days later vodafone repair contacted me to tell me that because the repair was 'cosmetic' it would cost me £144 to repair my phone!! Wow! i said! £144 for a problem that has affected thousands of these phones and lg have said that it was a production issue! I think you can guess what i said to the girl at the repair centre! anyway! vodafone sent my phone back unrepaired and missing my screen protector that cost me £12 by the way!

So in my anger at the way vodafone handled this matter (my first repair request in 12 years) I wrote lg an email to complain about the cracks that have appeared on my phone and the price vodafone quoted and what were they going to do about it, and there reply was send the g3 to us and we will repair free of charge if they find the cracks were not caused deliberatly! sent the g3 to and received a brand new phone 8 days later free of charge!

So my humble thank you goes to LG for their fantastic customer service and to you vodafone you can have my honest word that i will not be renewing my contract with you when my contract runs out! I have never asked you for anything in 12 years and the first time i do you want to charge me £144 to repair a phone that has quality control issues and you do know about it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

As a third party repairer, Vodafone aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers to carry out a warranty repair if there's any evidence of damage, however it may have occurred.  As you've discovered, you need to go direct to LG on this one.

The irony is that Vodafone can't even tell you that, it's down to us independents.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

hrym

As a third party repairer, Vodafone aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers to carry out a warranty repair if there's any evidence of damage, however it may have occurred.  As you've discovered, you need to go direct to LG on this one.

The irony is that Vodafone can't even tell you that, it's down to us independents.

Jimlad
4: Newbie
Can't believe it took you 12 years to find out about the shocking customer service.

hrym

Just to clarify, this isn't a matter of the quality of customer service from Vodafone, merely their doing as much as they're allowed to under terms imposed on them by the device manufacturers.

I see not a single response from vodafone itself. Great customer service.

I am a vodafone customer and bought LG G3 from vodafone on the advice of a vodafone sales person at the shop. Now that there is a problem I am being told they cant help me. 

hrym

What is the problem?

A crack has appeared on the phone and its a known issue with LG G3.

hrym

In that case, contact LG.  Because this is damage (however caused), Vodafone can't do a warranty repair.