Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G3 call dropping

Tony30uk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, I'm a new vodafone customer who has just purchased the above smartphone . Yesterday was the last of my 14 day cooling off period and as I've had problems with nearly every call I make dropping I decided to give customer services a call.
I purchased the phone / contract through mobiles.co.uk which is a sub company of carphone warehouse .
I went through tech support diagnostics etc and the outcome was that there could be network maintenance in my area but as this wasn't clear then it was more than likely my phone at fault and they would replace it as it was the last of my 14 day cooling off period . This would also start another 14 day period incase the problem was still evident .
I was then told to speak to the company I got the phone from as it wasn't vodafone and see what they can do . Mobiles.co.uk were very helpful and my phone has been collected today and a replacement will be with me on Tuesday .
My question is , what will happen if the problem persists with the hew phone ?
Can the contract then be cancelled ?
Here's a list of the problems I've had in the last 2 weeks .
Constant call drop outs despite phone showing full signal , (8 calls yesterday to have a 2 minute conversation which had to be finished with txts )
People saying they called next 5 times and it's just ringing ( then an hour later 5 missed call alerts)
Callers saying I ' sound like an airline pilot' lol
Txt message and internet work fine I must add
I seem to think it's the network and not the phone and I can't put up with 2 yrs the way the last 2 weeks have been .
3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you are experiencing network issues, the first thing to do is go through the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide.

If these steps don't sort out the problem, please could you post the template with your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

As for being able to cancel your contract. ...you can do but once you're out of the cooling off period, you will need to pay the Early Termination Fee for the time remaining in the contract. 

PWIAC

Hi thanks for your help, the phone is now in the process of being exchanged and I won't have the new phone until Tuesday . As yesterday was the last of my cooling off days can you clarify if the replacement will start another cooling off period incase the problem persists .

drey_p
You will need to check with the company that sold you the phone as their T&CS may be different from Vodafone's.

If you had got the phone directly from Vodafone, you would not have got another 14 day cooling off period . You only get the one.

PWIAC