Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G3

Haven7241
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a LG G3 phone and noticed a few night ago and few horizontal lines had appeared on the left hand side of the screen. Upon checking my phone this morning i now have vertical lines along the bottom of the screen.  Has anybody any idea the cause of these lines and what is the best course of action to fix, tia x

5 REPLIES 5

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Haven7241

I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

You can send your phone for repair for further investigation.

Thanks,

Jenny

I have the same problem and after sending the device for repair three times (first two times device was returned without any comment on why it was not repaired) I've been told that Vodafone sold this device to me in perfect condition and so I am responsible for this damage, even though it is a problem that the manufacturer has accepted (https://www.facebook.com/LGGulf/posts/862483440428316) through their official facebook page. So I am being told to live with it or pay money to have this fixed. I am only six months in to my 2 year contract. or get it in writing from LG that it is a known problem. Infact I was told that noone else has reported this issue, which is obviously not correct

I was thinking of contacting LG as Vodafone will only send it to be them be repaired.  Its got worse now and the other night i picked the phone up and the entire screen went grey and now i have lines across the whole screen. If LG accept its a known problem then it needs to be fixed.  Im certainly not paying for a phone if it becomes unusabel due to a manufacturer problem.

Vodafone does not send it to LG for repairs, they will ask you to pay them for the repair as they did with me. The worst thing is I am not a customer of LG, I am a Vodafone customer. A Vodafone sales person suggested this phone to me, I pay vodafone a decent amount of money every month and will keep on doing that for 2 years and now when the phone has developed a problem through no fault of mine I am being told they have nothing to do with it. 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If this relates to damage, Vodafone aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers to carry out a warranty repair and you'd need to go direct.   If LG have said this is a known issue, I'd assume it's something they'd deal with readily.