Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G4 vs Note 4

B-12345
11: Established
Which would you go for?
I can't decide, not concerned about size either way, camera on the G4 looks very impressive but is the Note far behind? How does the software compare?
Many thanks
16 REPLIES 16

cwiver1988
3: Seeker

Hey I'm currently testing the G4 and the Note 4 is my personal phone. 

On my personal preference I would have the Note 4 again. 

The camera on the G4 is very good and the manual mode does allow for some interesting shots. Having always had Samsung phones it was quite nice to not get all the usual Samsung Bloat ware, but the Note 4 has dialled it down a notch from previous iterations. 

Screen wise the two phones are on par resolution wise but I found the colours on the note 4 to be better and it has better viewing angles than the G4 (which could be because of the phones curve)

Also I know it’s a bit gimmicky but I have used the stylus on the Note 4 more than I thought I would. Screen grabbing and doing exact selection using it is very easy.

For a form factor I would say that the G4 is nicer looking. It’s incredibly light and the curve fits nicely into your hand and the buttons on the back, whilst odd to start with, soon become second nature. The Note 4 seems chunky in comparison, but not necessarily in a bad way. 

If you've got any more questions please let me know but I would say go for the note 4

Thank you for that!! Two questions I'd like to add is which has a brighter screen when on max? Does the G4 have decent battery life?

Many thanks.

I found the Note 4 to look brighter when set at max (see attached pic)

Yeah the G4 has decent battery life, probably get to the end of the day with 30% with moderate usage. But I'm used to a charge once a night set up. 

B-12345
Brilliant thank you. Does the g4 have quick charge? Apparently it now does.

cwiver1988
It is quick charge compatable but the charger that I got with mine wasn't quick charge....not sure if this was just mine or all models

Iantupper1984
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I've got the leather back version and as with yours comes with a standard USB charger. However, with saying that the Motorola turbo charger has been recommended as a quick charge adapter for the phone. Also, I have done a review on the g4 and would appreciate your comments, good or badhttp://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-OS/Lg-g4-review/m-p/2411716

Both phones are great choices!

What’s your favourite feature of each phone?

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Just to put this out there, what about going for the Galaxy Note 4 Edge over the G4?  That would certainly add something different to the equation. 

PWIAC

B-12345

Thank you for the replies everyone.

I didn't know there is a Note 4 edge..? I don't think Vodafone sell it do they? Unless it isn't yet out