LG g3

rowbaggie22
4: Newbie
Hi don't know if it been asked before but will Vodafone be getting the LG g3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

There used to be a Coming Soon page on the website, but it seems to have gone.  I'm afraid the only way now would seem to be to keep looking at the Shop pages.  I haven't seen any LG devices theer for a while, though, so I'm not hopeful about this one.

View solution in original position

305 REPLIES 305

hrym

I've remarked before that no-one will give you an official answer until there's an official answer and an announcement.  I believe July 28th got mentioned?   The worst thing of all would be pre-announcements that then don't get met and people who didn't get the amended message saying the first message as no longer valid and are therefore giving the out of date date.  You can kinda see how that would sow the seeds of confusion and discontent.  The fact is, the phone will come when the phone comes.  Like I said, I heard July 28th.  Last time I looked at my calendar, that was this coming Monday.

jeffkinn
The phone has been.announced on the Social Blog hyrm. That IS an official announcement and not a rumour or speculation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

There's been so much to-ing anf fro-ing here I didn't want to be definitive!   However, I was pretty sure that was the official date.  Like I said before, will no-one take "yes" for an answer? :smileyfrustrated:

TheOracle
OK Sammygeezer :Smiling: trust me, the phone is there and people do know about it. Relaxxxx :Winking_smiley:

Where?? Where is this elusive fone that you know so much about, yet nobody at Voda does? The other thing that suddenly struck me, is the logistics of all this-how long does it take to ship a container from Korea? A week.... more.... so if this is going on sale on Monday 28th, it would be on it's way by now, so presumably, given the hype over this fone, Voda would be able to tell their salespeople.... hmmm....I await to be proven wrong, but I hope you're here on Monday Mr Oracle!! :smileyindifferent:

TheOracle
Here, here jeffkin! Everyone needs to calm down lol!

sammygeezer
5: Helper
@jeffkinn...."premier customer service"!! Please, please tell me you are saying that with heaps of irony?!!

jeffkinn

No

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

mattjcross
1: Seeker
So went in to a voda shop yesterday. Apparently the release of the g3 has been pushed back to Wednesday.

christoff857
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been keeping an eye on this forum for the last month or so as I want this phone and was happy to stay with Vodafone but it is becoming increasingly clear that their handling of this release, and moreso the communication from them, is becoming more of a joke as time is moving on. My contract was up a month ago and I was happy to be patient and wait until today, but with no comment from any Vodafone representative regarding why it isn't out I am not holding much hope for Wednesday (as some have mentioned). If it's not out by Wednesday I will be jumping ship to another network that has this phone (pretty much all other networks).

The fact that it's not a 'flagship' phone such as the S5 etc is irrelevant. There is still a large demand for it and Vodafone's handling of this seems to be rather poor.