LG g3

rowbaggie22
4: Newbie
Hi don't know if it been asked before but will Vodafone be getting the LG g3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

There used to be a Coming Soon page on the website, but it seems to have gone.  I'm afraid the only way now would seem to be to keep looking at the Shop pages.  I haven't seen any LG devices theer for a while, though, so I'm not hopeful about this one.

View solution in original position

305 REPLIES 305

jeffkinn

Sammy - it isn't someone else's blog. It is part of the official Vodafone website  and is therefore official Vodafone policy. The fact that the people you were talking to don't even know about that part of the official Vodafone website is both bad and shows that they probably don't know what they are talking about.

The Vodafone Social Blog is routinely promoted by the official Vodafone twitter team, as well as being promoted on Facebook and Google +.

That's why we take what it says as the official Vodafone position because it IS the official Vodafone position.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jeffkinn

I've now found articles on the following websites all confirming that the G3 is coming to Vodafone

softpedia

Tech Review

Android Central

and the official Vodafone Uk twitter feed tweeted it on June 16th

Is that enough for you?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I too looked at all those sites, including Tech Radar (my contract ran out in April), sometime before I went to Brazil which was begining of June, and not one had a release date, all the sites just link to this blog site, which nobody in authority can/has confirmed! In fact I can't see any difference tween the pages I read 5-6wks ago and the one's I'm reading now-a lot of it is just verbatim! It's like you're showing me sites that just post a link back to here, again where nobody apart from people who don't work for Voda can/will confirm. Can ANYBODY who actually works for Voda confirm and show me a link to buy, or even just a link to cominig soon, or maybe even a "we should be getting this" apart from this blog which Voda UK is virtually saying is completely wrong? And considering the original post with the link to the blog was posted nearly a month ago, and yet not a word since from Voda?? Very Strange....

jeffkinn

I agree it's strange and I've already said that the mods here should make a pronouncement but you keep asking for a link to a coming soon page.

The Social Blog site IS the coming soon page. The fact that the people you've spoken to don't know about out means diddly squat. They probably don't know about this forum either. When I go into a Vodafone store I always make a point of asking if they look at this forum. They almost always say they don't know about it or have never looked at it. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

markwalker69
7: Helper
7: Helper
Unduly Harsh! (jeffkinn) if you work for a company you should know what products it sells or is about to sell and be aware of high profile phone releases at least. Oh yes they even have things like email to inform all staff, have you you heard of email?

jeffkinn
People will be aware of whatever Vodafone makes them aware of and that doesn't happen in advance. It might be high profile to you but when it's your job and you have to know about dozens of phones and their capabilities, it's just one more device. Emails would be a highly inefficient way of making thousands of staff aware of new products and retired products. They would have other ways of doing that. These are just my thoughts having spend a lifetime in various businesses at a senior level. I have no inside knowledge of or connection to Vodafone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Damian86
4: Newbie
Oh well it looks like I did well in going through CPW. Had the phone since the 1st july morning and I am happy with it, just waiting on the case to come out and vodafone still does not know what they do. This is not something to blame their customer services but the staff above. They won't keep good communication with their team and it's clear they don't want to. They are trapped in their own ego and they think that is better. That is something that most companies do and they are so wrong. Here is where you see the true business to customer relashionship they do.

I'll let you into a little secret, I work for Rolls Royce, and Voda are our "preferred mobile phone provider", which basically means, they have the contract for providing mobile phone's for ALL the prod leaders, managers, cell owners, everyone up to high managment. It is such a large contract, that when Voda took over the contract from Orange, they fitted mast's to the roofs of all our factories (obviously being inside a very large tin can, surrounded by over 100 large metal machines, it's hard to get a decent signal). So as a network I can't fault Voda, in fact I always get maximum signal strength, and even get H+ in some parts of the factory, where people on other networks can't even get a phone signal, but the conflicting reports on here and on Voda's website, has done nothing to enhance Voda's poor customer relations service. An example of the poor customer service was when quite a few of us swapped over to Voda for the coverage, and to get the 20% VEA-most of us did not receive the discount because we weren't told we had to apply within 30 days, and despite numerous emails, we still could not obtain a transcript of the original contractual agreements taking out between Vodafone UK and ourselves, which Voda obviously have! So it's maximum points for product, null points for customer services!

I would like to hear any Vodafone employees, who are part of this blog, views on this, or indeed a confimation, NO NOT A BLOG POSTING FROM 4 WEEKS AGO, re the 3G, it seems it's just normal people (not employees) that are doing all the confirming ....

jeffkinn

The only thing I'll say to that is that the VEA is a service provides to employers and not customers. It is up to the employer's HR department to tell their employees about the scheme and how it works.

I'm also not sure why you are continuing to doubt the veracity of the blog and it's role in the stable of Vodafone communication outlets. Vodafone is quite pro-active in the sphere of social media and communications and uses the blog, Twitter and this forum extensively to get its messages across. 

The absence of a date when the phone can be acquired from Vodafone is very poor and needs to be addressed.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

i was cheeky and asked in store (MK) on saturday, they have the store detail backing cards for the G3, but no actual dates

VF Customer since they launched the first PAYG (Pre-Paid) phones in the UK... (that's '96 for those that need a number)