LG g3

rowbaggie22
4: Newbie
Hi don't know if it been asked before but will Vodafone be getting the LG g3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

There used to be a Coming Soon page on the website, but it seems to have gone.  I'm afraid the only way now would seem to be to keep looking at the Shop pages.  I haven't seen any LG devices theer for a while, though, so I'm not hopeful about this one.

View solution in original position

305 REPLIES 305

hrym

Vodafone don't comment on what may be coming, only what's confirmed as coming.  I assume any other operator would be the same as it would effectively reveal commercially sensitive information as well as lead to disappointments if the deal fell throuigh.

surely if they going to release the phone on 1st July phone operator has been dealing with this for some time. I.e. network testing, slapping branded firmware on it and are well in advance and deal has been done for some time. Hence Three and Co obviously had their act together.

surely makes sense to give the client an update especially as the phone is selling 3-1 against the galaxy s5 in South Korea missing out on preorders now!

so no LG g3, no galaxy s5 32GB in sight and poor network everywhere I go not looking good at renewal. hardly an upgrade from galaxy s3 32gb is it thats now 2 years old. Forwards not backwards!

jeffkinn

Whether it's new models, network updates, 4G rollout etc etc there are always questioned being answered and customers asking for information earlier than Vodafone is prepared to release it.

Personally I agee that Vodafone is quite poor at managing customer expectations but they have their business rules and they arent likely to change them. They will not release information until it is 100% confirmed.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

Vodafone also tend to take several models from a manufacturer, presumably in part to make the volume of business worthwhile for both parties.  I'm not familiar with LG's range, but it may not be wide or popular enough to justify cranking up a relationship.   I've had the same problem in business myself - a product I really wanted to stock, btu for which the administrative overheads were simply too high.  I'm also not sure whether the phone's popularity in Korea necessarily translates into demand here.  Although they're an excellent brand, I'm not sure whether they're as promininent in the mobile phone market, which is dominated by Samsung, with Sony and HTC working hard to stay in touch.

alexover
7: Helper
Well put markwalker69

markwalker69
Ben, Yes I will be doing just that cancelling all of my contracts good rythems

It would be bad if Voda does not release this as it is a phone with much potential and there are already loads of customers looking to order it. It is understandable that Vodafone does not provide phones as good as the Oppo find 5/7 as they seem to be limited to some retailers but a brand as big as LG and phones like this have to be available.

Its already on preorder at CPW so they have advantage already. It won't be the first time Voda dissapoints me although I agreed when they've removed all Sony's due to 'quality issues', Sony was having a bad time.

Also forgot to say it was a good reply from Ben as it makes sense, however at this point I do think Vodafone should know what they are doing :Sad_face:

jeffkinn

LG is a big brand but tiny compared to the leading brands. The G3 is a so-called phablet phone competing with the Note 3 and that is a smallish subset of the smartphone market.

Put LG and a phablet together and you've got quite a small market and it may well not make sense for Vodafone to cannibalise their phablet sales away from the Note 3 to alternatives. 

This is all speculation from me. Dealers buy their phones from very different sources and have a very different cost structure and so they have a completely different ranging policy. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hrym

I'm with jeffkinn on that one.   I'm absolutely certain that any network would have their finger on the pulse of demand and know what they need to stock and what they can pass by.   It's also possible that, for a small market sector, that another network has consolidated it by doing an exclusive deal, which would make a lot of sense for both parties.  I'm also speculating, though.

hmm could be I mean LG just now seems to be waking up releasing more devices but hope they don't do as samsung which they release a phone every fart they have lol. At the time of choosing a device in Voda website it sucks a bit as for my point of view, their web seems to be spammed with loads of iphones, (but they are just a different color) rather than having it listed 1 time and then letting you chose a color.) Then take that out and all they have is 'mainstream' phones everybody has, but that's my view, I like to be different.