Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lenovo P780 Vodafone SIM

MariusCorneschi
1: Seeker

I want to buy this phone (Lenovo P780) but I read that it doesnt recognize SIMs from UK and France. Could someone confirmt that they have it and it works with vodafone sim ?

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I'm afraid that Vodafone don't range that particular device so won't be able to comment on whether or not it works with their SIM cards.  You're going to have to wait for a response the user community.

I have done a quick look at the specs of the phone, and it is a dual SIM device - in theory, it should work, but there have been all sorts of issues with other dual SIM devices not working properly.  So do be aware that it may not work as it should. 

PWIAC

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

From the spec, I can't see any reason why it would not work with a VF-UK Sim, unless where you are sourcing it from has the ability to lock it down to only operate in a single country

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As with all devices that aren't widely used in this country, there's very little support info around.  I've mentioned before that anyone who gets one of these devices working is likely to find themselves the resident expert here!

The main thing to check is the operating frequencies (which I assume @grolschuk did).  However, even when a device works on the network, people have had trouble getting the data access points (APNs) to work properly, even when entered manually.   There's no obvious reason or fix for this, sadly.

Generally speaking, you're on your own, I'm afraid (I don't mean that unkindly, it's just a fact).   If the device works, brilliant.  If not, you'd just have to hope you can sell it on at not too much of a loss.