Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MOTO G UNWANTED DOWNLOADS

RGT
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, This afternoon something has gone wrong with my Moto G. Along the top of the home screen it has constant downloads and they all list as 'pastedgraphic-1.tiff and tons of them read 'download complete'. I have no idea what these are and it is worrying me that there is something broken as I haven't initiated any downloads. Can you let me know what this is and how to make it stop and go away please as these pasted graphic downloads seem to be nothing but the number of notifications on my screen is getting out of control. Thanks, Rachel.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'd hazard a guess that you may have acquired some malware or a badly-behaved app.   In the app drawer, is there an one for Downloads (icon is usually a down-pointing arrow)?   If there is, tap it and it'll take you to the download location and you may be able to get a clue to what they are.   A lot of apps will load graphics, but they normally do this silently and the first you notice is some odd images in the Gallery (nothing to worry about).

The first thing would be to turn the phone off, give it a moment and then restart it.   Does the behaviour persist?  If so, have you added any apps recently?  If you have, uninstall them in reverse order and see if that helps.   Have you installed any apps other than from Google Play?   Be very suspicious of those.

You could also try installing My Data Manager and use it to see which app/s are using data intensively - that might also provide a clue.  In it, view Apps and choose to display the last hour's worth.

If all else fails, you may need to do a factory reset (back up your content first).

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

hrym

I'd hazard a guess that you may have acquired some malware or a badly-behaved app.   In the app drawer, is there an one for Downloads (icon is usually a down-pointing arrow)?   If there is, tap it and it'll take you to the download location and you may be able to get a clue to what they are.   A lot of apps will load graphics, but they normally do this silently and the first you notice is some odd images in the Gallery (nothing to worry about).

The first thing would be to turn the phone off, give it a moment and then restart it.   Does the behaviour persist?  If so, have you added any apps recently?  If you have, uninstall them in reverse order and see if that helps.   Have you installed any apps other than from Google Play?   Be very suspicious of those.

You could also try installing My Data Manager and use it to see which app/s are using data intensively - that might also provide a clue.  In it, view Apps and choose to display the last hour's worth.

If all else fails, you may need to do a factory reset (back up your content first).