Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moto G 4G LTE - OTA system update

walsienaryj
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I'd like to ask about Vodafone's plans for the OTA Android update to Lollipop 5.X for my Motorolla Moto G 4G LTE.

This update is long overdue for Vodafone. I've been waiting for it for months now and, to be honest, I'm getting anxious.

Can you confirm that you are, in fact, going to roll the update?

Please give your estimate as to when this is going to happen.

Best Ragards

W.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @walsienaryj

Please see our statement regarding firmware.

Thanks,

Gemma

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @walsienaryj

Please see our statement regarding firmware.

Thanks,

Gemma

Gemma

If you cannot tell me anything about the release date of the update, please at least tell me this:

Is Vodafone planning to roll out the system update for my Motorolla Moto G 4G LTE, or not?

If not then I will be swithing to an operator that actually keeps up with the tech world. Lolllipop has been out form months now, and still no update from Vodafone.

hrym
17: Community Champion

Vodafone will never comment on release dates fo firmware, I'm afraid.   I suspect it's because there can be delays which result in frustration and claims of broken promises.

Here's some info from a Motorola product manager explaining why Lollipop for various Motorola handsets (including the Moto G 4G LTE) has not been released yet:

https://plus.google.com/wm/1/+DavidSchuster/posts/cV4vDyyMmw2

The link provided here is now broken. As all other major UK carriers bar Vodafone have released 5.1 for their customers on Moto G 4G LTE, can we now have an answer as to if and when Vodafone plan to do so?

Thanks.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Hazmatt72 wrote:
The link provided here is now broken. As all other major UK carriers bar Vodafone have released 5.1 for their customers on Moto G 4G LTE, can we now have an answer as to if and when Vodafone plan to do so?

Hi there

Basically Vodafone won't comment on if / when a firmware update will be released. 

PWIAC

hrym

If you're talking about the Vodafone link in Gemma's post, it's working now.

It is still showing as Message Not Found for me on multiple browsers across Android, iOS and on PC. If it's still working for others, could someone please copy and paste the contents of the page here? Thanks in advance.

And just to clarify, if I'm not logged into the forum I get the MNF message, but logged in I get this page:http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Account-specific-discussions/Firmware/m-p/831995#M36