Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moto G Random Touchscreen

claired
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am having some issues with my Motorola Moto G touchscreen.  It appears as if the touchscreen is being tapped even when I am nowhere near it.

So, I might tap to go into Messaging and it will immediately go back to the start screen.  Or create a new blank message.  Or open up the on-screen keyboard.  Or close the keyboard.  Or some sequence of all of these. Often I can see the "Home" icon atthe bottom of the screen flashing as if it is responding to a touch while this is going on.  It seems to happen more just after first unlocking, but happens at other times too.

I had the phone in a case and wondered if that was affecting things, but I have now taken it out of the case and there is no improvement.

Is anyone else having these phantom taps on the screen?  Any ideas how to fix it.

14 REPLIES 14

I hope it works out for you and they sort it. It sure sounds like a rare issue. 

I had a case on moth of mine where it would turn the screen off when i shut the case so I didnt need the lock screen. I wonder what would have happened if you tried it without the lock screen for a bit??

Sounds like it was picking up some of the presses while it was locked and had to try and process them all at once when awake again.

Keep us informed

All the best

Interesting thought about not using the lock screen.  Hmmm.  We'll see if it comes back repaired, if not then I'll try that, thanks.

This is the problem I've been having. The random touches started happening from the very first set up (yesterday) so it's nothing to do with the phone catching up with itself. Every app/game has some kind of random touch issue. Camera continually shoots as soon as you start it, gallery opens a random picture, zooms in and out, starts the editor. Chrome always automatically goes to the address input field. Instagram doesn't scroll very far and likes pictures and clicks on people names randomly. Pop up menus sometimes only stay up for a split second.

Taking it back to the shop tommorrow and getting an exchange.

Hi @darrenellis 

Let us know how you got on.

Thanks,

Ian

darrenellis
1: Seeker
Got a replacement and it works fine (: no problems at all with this one so maybe it was a rare occurance with the first one.