Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moto G and Vodafone

sparky17
5: Helper

I want to buy myself a resonable quality basic smartphone to replace my ageing Nokia E5 which I use on a monthly sim only contract.

I was looking at the Moto G, but there seems to be lots of problems posted about issues with them connecting to Vodafone signal (or not) going into airplane mode etc after they upgraded to kit kat.

Does anyone know if these issues are resolved? Everything I look as under £150 seems to have issues.

Thanx.

13 REPLIES 13

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I've not seen much of the Moto G so can't comment on it's reliability.

My mum is currently using a Voda Smart 4 Turbo, and does not seem to have run into many problems with it.

The 4 Power is the next model up and is a bit more powerful.

The Sony E3 is also pretty robust for the price level.

Both of which you can get on PAYG for less than £150

Edit: :Smiling: I think you will find if you start looking at handsets over £150 you will find most have issues too

hrym
17: Community Champion

I've had a Smart 4 Power to play with for a while and I've been very impressed with it.   It has limited memory, but it's worth putting an external sd card in.   Rather than this behaving like an attached drive, it becomes the main part of the memory pool and makes the phone very usable, even if you push it towards its (apparent) limits.

Jenniferglen25
4: Newbie
How do I turn the vibrate off when we im typing the phones already on silent iv a Vodafone smart 4 turbo

63johnw
Hi. Its normally in settings, sound then scroll down to vibrate on touch and untick.

Jenniferglen25
No its still making sound as I type

63johnw
Sorry you said vibrate, go to sounds again then scroll down and untick dial pad touch tones and touch sounds.

Jenniferglen25
Everything is un ticked its still doing it

jeffkinn

The setting will be in the keyboard settings itself not the general settings.

Settings - language - keyboard

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw
Yeah was just looking jeffkinn, settings, language and input, google keyboard, touch settings to the right and then there are sound and vibrate options there