Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moto G notification bar keeps popping up

emski77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have had a Moto G for some time and the scroll down notification screen at the top keeps coming down when I am using the phone. This means I am unable to use the phone. It is frustrating,

I took the phone back to the Vodafone shop and they sent it off to be repaired. However when I picked up the new phone, I was given a new phone. However much to my annoyance, the problem occured with the new phone the same day. I work long and variable hours and I just do not have the time to take it to the Vodafone shop again, and be without a phone for two weeks.

I have looked all over the web to find a solution, and the phone has been updated (this made no difference). I download the driver software which, quite frankly a waste of time.

I am fed up with this and I just want a working phone!!

Further more I am unable to connect to my mobile data - tried all sorts but I just cannot seem to get the mobile data to work. The phone will connect to WiFi no problem!

I do hope someone can help me out!!

Thanks in Advance!

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If this is happening on more than one device, it rather points either to usage or a rgoue app.  Are you accidentally catching the top of the screen and pulling the notification blind down?   I sometimes manage to launch Google Now by doing the same thing from the bottom of the screen.

I've never heard of an app doing this, but there's a first time for everything.  You could test this by doing a factory reset (don't forget to back up your content first) and then running the phone vanilla, with no additional apps added, for a few days.  If it's stable, put your apps back one at a time until the problem recurs and you've found the culprit.

With regard to mobile data, try going into Settings|Mobile Data and seeing if there's a "get settings from provider" option.   If there is, tap it and it'll pull the settings down and install them.   If not, then the phone thinks you have the correct ones.   You could also, in the same section, have a look at Access Point Names and make sure that Vodafone Contract or Vodafone PAYG is there and has a green dot beside it, meaning it's set as the default.  if something else has the green dot, long press the correct one and then tap "set as default".

You can also get the settings by texting WEB to 40127.

A few Moto G have more or less severe "ghost touch" issues (google it). I have ordered 3 of them in total from Vodafone, 2 of which have suffered with this issue.

Hi all,

We'll be happy to take a look at these in our repair centre.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD