Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nanosim in Nexus 6

whitelightning
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Received my Nexus 6 upgrade yesterday - wow it's big!!!

Put the nanosim in the phone and followed the instructions on the SIMSWAP page. 12 hours later - nothing. The old microsim in my old phone was still working. Phone 191 - simcard was faulty (apparently).

Went to the Vodafone shop on the way home tonight and they put a new nanosim in the phone. 'Yes Sir, this will be active in 2 hours. Nothing!! Phoned 191 again - 'Yes Sir, the sim has been activated and will be working in 30 minutes'. At this moment in time, nothing!!

Reading on other forums, apparently the Nexus 6 IMEIs have not been added to the carriers database of phones, hence the sims not being recognized. IF this is the case then why are VF selling the phones?

Has anyone else had problems with their Nexus 6 like this? I want to keep the phone but right now I also want to send it back and cancel the upgrade....

Going to leave phone on overnight and if by tomorrow lunchtime there's still no sign of life it's going back and I'll get a phone with a microsim.

1 REPLY 1

clawson
10: Established
10: Established

From memory, I think the issue was specifically Verizon not including the IMEI range as being valid for their SIM only plans for direct from Google purchased Nexus 6 rather than a general issue to do with Nexus 6. 

I was in the same position, i.e. switching from a Miro to Nano SIM and mine activated via the website within 5 mins, so I wouldn't worry about it being a general issue.

Have you tried a power down, remove SIM, wait for 5 mins and restart of the phone to see if it pick up the new SIM yet? This can sometime kick it off if it hasn't already switched.