Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Key

MazzaP
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My elderly cousin (81) has just bought an Alcatel2000X - recommended for 'seniors'. We put in his 02 SIM and the message 'Network Key?' appeared. Where can I get this 'key' for this phone.

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you bought the phone from Vodafone, it'll be locked to this network.  You can get an unlocking key by talking to Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page), but there will be a charge for it.

Tried the Chatline yesterday. They recommended going to nearest Vodafone Shop - ony 20 miles away. I'll just pop around to my 81 yr old, limited mobility, poor eyesight and deaf cousin to let him know he's been taken for a ride and will have to fork out another £20 from his pension before he can use his phone. Way to go Vodafone, way to go.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MazzaP 

If the phone was bought from Vodafone it's usually used with a Vodafone SIM.

We can unlock our handsets and all that's required is completion of a Network Unlock Code request form and enough credit to cover any costs.

DaveCD

hrym

Your cousin has not been taken for a ride.   All PAYG mobiles bought from any network are sold at a subsidised price against future revenue from calls and are locked to that network.   You can buy phones SIM-free from independent suppliers and the additional cost will generally be equivalent to the cost of the unlock code.