Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Alcatel phone

plo8and
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have put the wrong number in the Speed Dial. How do I change it?
5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

There should be an option in the main settings menu somewhere to edit speed dials, I'd assume.   It may be necessary to delete the relevant one and start again, or you may simply be able to re-save over the top of the existing entry by re-doing what you did in the first place.   I'm not familiar with the layout of Alcatel phones, but you should be able to get the full manual for yours from their website.   Or just Google "Alcatel [model] manual".

Took the phone to a Vodaphone shop and EVEN THEY could'nt work iy out! Now have the manual and that tells you NOTHING about speed dialing. Buyers beware ALCATEL.

hrym

Did you try simply re-saving the number over the top of the old one, as I suggested?

Easiest way was to re-boot the phone, deleting everything. Start again but not much lost as all the phone numbers were in the SIM. THEN DID THE SPEED DIALS AGAIN carefully this time! Alles ist jetzt ganz gut. Vielen Dank!

hrym

You'll find that the onboard contacts app has more options than the SIM and I'd recommend using that.  It'll sync your contacts with your Google account, which means they won't be lost if anything happens to any other storage.   Even SIMs can fail and I did once have one that was completely unrecoverable.   Yes, I did have a backup! :smileyhappy: