Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 5 Android 5.1 update 40127 not working

ksharma0
3: Seeker

Hi there,

My Nexus 5 updated to Android 5.1 after which I received a text message from Vodafone:

"It looks like you've swapped your sim or updated your device. To continue using data and sending picture messages, you need to update your settings manually, as your device doesn't support automatic settings updates. Get started at vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo"

I follow the link and try to text WEB to 40127 but the SMS does not go through at all. I try to look up my device but LG Nexus 5 is not listed. Could you please tell me how I can get my settings back, this is all very annoying!

Thanks,

Kay

16 REPLIES 16

PaulThompson38
2: Seeker

I have just updated my Nexus 5 and got exactly the same problem.

Please at least give us the manual apn details?

Paul

PaulThompson38

Kay 

Just found the APN details at the link below and it worked for me

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings

You have to create a new APN pull down from the top of your phone click the cog wheel. Click...More

Then Mobile Networks

Access point names

Click the + in a circle at the top and create a new access point

Enter the details as described from the link...

For APN type just enter * 

When you think you have the details correct press the three dots top right and save it

Then press your back button and then select your newly created APN.

Hope that helps

Paul

granty72
Also had the same problems. Done as you said paul and it seems to have worked. Cheers mate

ksharma0
Thanks chaps!

hejdavies
4: Newbie
Hi, still have this problem as the new settings don't save when I hit save.. Any thoughts?

granty72
That also happend to me but after a few separate times of trying it eventually worked.

hejdavies
OK, got it working but I still can't send MMS and still get the "!" on the signal bar....??

Hi,

Ive put in the new settings but i stil cant download MMS messages. Is there not another way to get the settings sent to you?

hejdavies
still got the same problem... anyone from Voda going to help??