Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 5 Android 5.1 update 40127 not working

ksharma0
3: Seeker

Hi there,

My Nexus 5 updated to Android 5.1 after which I received a text message from Vodafone:

"It looks like you've swapped your sim or updated your device. To continue using data and sending picture messages, you need to update your settings manually, as your device doesn't support automatic settings updates. Get started at vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo"

I follow the link and try to text WEB to 40127 but the SMS does not go through at all. I try to look up my device but LG Nexus 5 is not listed. Could you please tell me how I can get my settings back, this is all very annoying!

Thanks,

Kay

16 REPLIES 16

Same problem here. Above solution doesn't help.

Are Vodafone going to do anything about it?

ksharma0
I tried all the suggestions here and online, nothing seems to work! The phone is from Carphone Warehouse whom I also purchased tech support from, they bounce me to Vodafone. Vodafone say they're unfamiliar with the device and send me to their online support. Not impressed!!! Anyone tried bugging them via twitter?

hejdavies
4: Newbie
Mine is now working... in the APN settings described in the geeksquad link above, under APN you need to swap "internet" for "wap.vodafone.co.uk" ... hope this works for you guys.

@ksharma0 ... I have suffered the same CW vs V experience. Basically I will buy direct next time but definitely not from Vodafone whose network is appalling and customer service even worse. Already looking forward to going back to see in October when this contract is up!

hejdavies
4: Newbie
* sorry meant going back to ee !

Hi everyone,

You can get the manual configuration on our device help pages. 

If your phone isn’t listed, simply choose a similar make and model.

Thanks,

Wayne

I also found the link in the text didnt do anything, but then on checking, everything was working anyway (Nexus 4 & Nexus 5).

It seems that they now send a text automatically whenever you upgrade the OS or swap the SIM saying you have to follow the link (which then doesn't work) to fix your data & MMS even though 99.9% of the time its working anyway.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you go into Settings|Mobile Data|Access Point Names, is Vodafone Contract/PAYG WAP there and is it set as the default (green dot beside it)?   If so, you have the correct one installed.  Pulling down settings now tends to happen silently, though the return SMS still implies you'll see something else happen.  Recent versions of Android also have the option to "get settings from provider" in Settings|Mobile Data if the phone thinks it doesn't have the right ones.  If that option isn't there, it thinks all is well.