Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 delivery date

algom
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered the Nexus 6 and Moto360 on Nov18th with expected delivery of 5th December. I like many others have yet to receive consignment or delivery information and have never been able to track my order using WEB ref. 

I know that there has been delays from the manufacturer which was supposed to distribute on the 1st of Dec. There is a lot of speculation circulating that handsets could be delayed until as late as mid Dec. However this afternoon o2 have just started selling the Nexus 6 not as a pre-order, but as in-stock with next day delivery (5th Dec). 

I am wondering if Vodafone has received any handsets from the manufacturer, or if there is a new estimated delivery for customers who have pre-ordered weeks ago? 

629 REPLIES 629

stevie_boy
4: Newbie
@bobpullen, side loading shouldn't be an issue as the factory images are now up on the Google aosp page.

adch1nn
9: Established
Stuarty I'm pleased to see someone on here getting into it, I've had my LG G Watch for about 6 months now and would hate to be without it - particularly if I've knocked it off charge overnight and for half the following day I'm wearing an expensive bracelet!

Re the updates, the Modaco website has a boot image you can flash which gives the option to switch between encryption and not encrypted, and also includes double tap to wake.

If you updated OTA though this would be overwritten.

Used to having double tap to wake on the HTC One M8 and Nexus 9 so might look at doing that.

@stevie_boy, thanks. I'll download the factory image and try the fabled modified flash-all.bat route in which case. This failed for me when upgrading from KitKat, hopefully I'll have a bit more luck with this incremental update.

Mozza76
6: Helper
6: Helper
Anyone else having an issue where the front camera is displaying the imagine upside down on 3rd party apps?
No problem on WhatsApp but issues on Kik and others.

I can see that others have it, but no solution!!

offroadermike
My watch now has 5.0.1 after a reset.

Now my phone just popped up with the 5.0.1 update, downloaded, clicked restart, and nothing, it didn't restart, and the update has gone, what's that all about 😕

bobpullen
8: Helper
8: Helper
Not rooted are you?

Or unlocked bootloader?

Received the 5.01 system upgrade notification last night, but being rooted I ignored it.

Downloaded the factory image from Google and and used fastboot to flash the images (minus userdata) using a modified flash-all.bat script. It failed with - "Update Package Missing System.img", so I extracted the images from the archive and flashed them individually (bootloader, radio, boot, cache, recovery & system).

Rebooted, unrooted again using WugFresh's Nexus Rootkit and it's all good. Upgrade complete and I've retained root and all of my settings etc.

Needless to say, it was much easier when it was simply a case of accepting the OTA upgrade notice! :smileywink:

offroadermike
I'm totally as it came out the box, not unlocked, or rooted! Its a bit strange.

That's a bit odd.

I had an issue when updating my Nexus 9 from 5.0 to 5.0.1 during installation I'd get "Error!", it's reboot and once powered back on the update wouldn't be available again for 12 hours.  I tried a factory reset and then the update didn't appear at all, tried flashing over ADB and got the same error.

Mine was rooted with unlocked bootloader, I swapped it out for a new one with Argos and the new one was fine.

Strange you're having the issue with a stock device.  No error message when it attempted installation whatsoever?