Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 delivery date

algom
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered the Nexus 6 and Moto360 on Nov18th with expected delivery of 5th December. I like many others have yet to receive consignment or delivery information and have never been able to track my order using WEB ref. 

I know that there has been delays from the manufacturer which was supposed to distribute on the 1st of Dec. There is a lot of speculation circulating that handsets could be delayed until as late as mid Dec. However this afternoon o2 have just started selling the Nexus 6 not as a pre-order, but as in-stock with next day delivery (5th Dec). 

I am wondering if Vodafone has received any handsets from the manufacturer, or if there is a new estimated delivery for customers who have pre-ordered weeks ago? 

629 REPLIES 629

No errors or anything, the attached screen just disappeared, checked for updates again, and just says its up to date, but still on 5.0!

That's really annoying and I'm not really sure what to suggest either, as I don't feel sideloading the update will make the slightest difference.

My only suggestion would be to wipe the phone, you may not get the update available again straight away but if you're lucky it might push the update immediately and you'll find it installs on a clean slate...but it's not guaranteed - and if you don't get it straight away it'd essentially mean leaving the phone blank until the next tranche of updates - obviously not an option any of us would want to take.  Feel your pain as I was in a similar situ with the N9 and wish I could offer better advice.

But hey - at least you've had the opportunity to update...not been pushed to mine yet!  I know that isn't comforting in the slightest but it's all I can think of!!

On another note - if any of you do have the Nexus 9, the official Folio cases are now available on Google Play - I'll be going for the mint...

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_9_Cover_Mint_Indigo?id=nexus_9_cover_mint_indigo

Let us know if you make any progress - may even end up in the same boat when I do get the update!

offroadermike
4: Newbie
So, after checking for updates a couple of times today, just looked at my phone and it popped up again, downloaded, restarted, and updated, happy days, no need to wipe it yet.........

adch1nn
9: Established
Just had the update through myself, all good this end.

stevie_boy
4: Newbie
Updated here...

Phoenix_Flight
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Just had the update again and no error this time, now updated to 5.0.1.

I tried changing my contract today as ive seen on CPW that the 64gb version is free on the £44.50 contract which I have selected. I phoned up Voda and was told I cannot change my contract now but will have to refuse the order and start a new contract with the phone I want. Less than two hours later I get an email saying the 32gb one will be delivered tomorrow. I was expecting at least a weeks wait before it got here, so now I am going to refuse both phones tomorrow and wait until the end of Dec when the 64 is released(if vodafone are going to stock it on the website).

Spigen Ultra Hybrid case arrived this morning. Nice snug fit, good amount of grip/protection around the sides and the transparent back allows you to show off the chassis still. Doesn't add too much weight/bulk either. For a cheap case, can't really fault it. At (Removed as per House Rules) it was an absolute steal too.

Hi Guys,

If you need an update on your delivery, please get in touch.

We offer a 14 day cooling off period which allows you try all the features.

If you're unsure about the phone we'd urge you to return it within that period.

Thanks,

Ian

adch1nn
9: Established
Wow, that is bravery right there! 😛