Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 earpiece?

offroadermike
4: Newbie
I seem to have an intermittent issue with my Nexus, when making calls I get a terrible static sound, almost like a blown speaker, it fine when watching stuff, in fact its amazing, but I am worried I have a faulty earpiece!

Anyone else notice this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @offroadermike 

You can arrange a return within the first 14 days.

If you got the phone online or via telesales, call 191 from your phone. 

Any phones supplied from our stores, need to be returned for an exchange.

Outside of 14 days we can arrange a repair.

Thanks,

Ian

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

clawson
10: Established
10: Established

Not at all, it's one of the clearest/loudest speakers I've had on a phone.

Unfortunately unless you've installed an app that's messing with it, it sounds like you've got a bad one. I'd be tempted to try going direct to Motorola for an exchange as it's still a very new device to the market.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @offroadermike 

You can arrange a return within the first 14 days.

If you got the phone online or via telesales, call 191 from your phone. 

Any phones supplied from our stores, need to be returned for an exchange.

Outside of 14 days we can arrange a repair.

Thanks,

Ian

offroadermike
Thanks Ian, I shall do that straight away.

offroadermike
Well @Ian_C tried doing what you suggested, but after being sent half way round the worlds call centres, I've been told because they are out of stock, I have to return the phone and the moto 360, and start a pre order all over again!

So I loose my watch because I have a faulty phone, asked if there was anyway around it, and been told NO, you have to return it now, and wait for stock, or live with a faulty phone.

So as you can imagine, I am not happy about this, once again Vodafone let there customers down!!

You still have your option of using the warranty direct with Motorola, they wouldn't be asking for your Moto 360 back.

Worth a thought?

offroadermike
Yeah but it just seems ridiculous that they can't extend the 14 day thing because they don't have the stock, rather than me now having to have my phone repaired or replaced with a reconditioned one, when the one I have now is clearly fautly, and not fit for purpose.

Hi @offroadermike

Sorry to hear this.

To check our availability of stock in your local stores, please contact our Live help team.

Thanks,

Rodney

offroadermike
@Rodney that's not much help really, too late to cancel the order now, and didn't see why I should lose the watch because I have a faulty phone!

Hi @offroadermike

Please get in touch with my team here directly so we can help further.

Thanks,

Simon