Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 7

def_2014_uk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a Nexus 7 2013 tablet (Wifi version) and would like to view the My Vodafone App account details on this tablet, obviously due to the larger screen size. Is there any way of making it work as I believe it would need a network connection to obtain my details, like it did on my Android phone.

11 REPLIES 11

hrym
17: Community Champion

Sadly, I don't think there is.  Although My Vodafone will work over wifi, it needs a network connection for the initial setup.

You could try doing it by using your phone as a hotspot and see if it'll piggy-back, but I doubt it.

Worth a try I guess...... one of the first options in the app is to 'turn WiFi off' LOL , so looks like i wont be able to view on my N7 ..... unless maybe copy the contents of the Vodafone app directory to the tablets identical folder, so it has the info (as if it thinks it has already done the action?) .... otherwise i'm destined to view it on a tiny screen  LOL

hrym

It's possible that'll work and I can't see any harm in trying it.  Once you've put your details into the app and told it whether to connect automatically to wifi, as far as I can see, it's mainly a usage checker, and those figures are pretty large on the front screen.  I suspect I could read them even without my glasses on.  What I mean is, how often do you need to delve into its inner workings?

I already have it running on my android phone, but I use my N7 way more and would like to use it with that rather than mess about with two devices.

hrym

Did you try copying the folder across?  It would be very interesting to know if you can clone the settings that way.

Edited to add: I get why you want to do it, but won't your phone be using minimal data when it's idling (and no calls or texts - I hope)?  Do you not only need to check usage when you're using the phone and therefore have it in your hand?

I tried it but can only really view the data on my memory card not the phone...

I was thinking maybe if the phone was on charge upstairs, I could still have used the app downstairs when installed on my N7.... ah well worth a go anyway ...

I tried the hotspot but it didn't seem to be able to do it ....

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi def_2014_uk,

Apologies for the delay, we seem to have missed your post.

Did you get this sorted? Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Jenny 

Hi Jenny

I gave up, I couldn't see any way of getting the app to pick up my details, a shame i guess, as sometimes I leave my mobile over on the desk, charging, while I use my N7 2013, and would've been much easier to just check on the tablet (and lazier I guess LOL).