Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not getting OTP from banks.

stuartc51
4: Newbie

Hi

I am not receiving any one time pass codes from the banks. I get texts from other people without any problems. Can anyone tell me is this a phone problem or a Vodafone problem. The phone is a HW-W718+.

Thanks

Stuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your help I will give it up as a bad job. Phone works well other than that.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

@hrym wrote:

@stuartc51 wrote:
I have used the phone with two sims in and it recognises which is in which slot, but as you say it uses 2G in one and 3G in the other.

We're getting off your original topic, but this is quite handy to know.   I assume you're just using a stock SIM in both slots?  It's just that someone was asking about getting a 2G SIM and it may be they don't need to  - the phone just works on 2G only in that slot, but without a specific type of SIM?

Hi

Yes, I have a T-Mobile sim with virtually no data allowance so I put that in the 2G slot just for phone and text use, I have used it like this when on holiday in Europe.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Ask a silly question, does the SIM receive the texts from your bank whilst in another handset?

PWIAC

@drey_p wrote:
Ask a silly question, does the SIM receive the texts from your bank whilst in another handset?

Yes it works in a Nokia handset that I have.

Nabs
17: Community Champion
It depends how the banks system is set up. Chances are it's going to be a text generated by a computer that won't have a number attached, this is your biggest difference to a normaa text message.
My guess would be that the phone is possibly ignoring the text if it doesn't have a senders number?
Are you able to try you SIM in a different phone and request the bank resend the message to see if it works?

I have a Nokia with a T-Mobile sim in and that works OK. I was just wondering if it was some setting in the phone that needed changing.

Nabs
There might be some kind of security setting in the phone but it a not one I'm familiar with so not sure to be totally honest.

Does the Vodafone SIM work in the Nokia?

Sorry not a lot of help there
Nabs

Hi

Just checked and the Vodafone sim works in the Nokia so it looks like a problem with the phone. Funny thing is when I put the sim in the Nokia it comes up in German, put the T-Mobile back in and it is in English!!! Any ideas?

Nabs
I would guess they maybe don't have similar systems in China so the phone has never been designed to handle these type of messages.

Thanks for your help I will give it up as a bad job. Phone works well other than that.