Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Oppo Joy R1001

Ianh9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Just bought two chinese smart phones from Thailand Oppo R1001. Trying to use with vodafone pay monthly sim, everything OK except cant seen to use 3g. Used APN settings from the voda website and have 3 to choose, using the wap ones. But still no 3G. Any ideas greatfully recieved! could it be that the phone cannot use the corrcet frequency for 3g in the UK? I understand it works on HSDPA 2100.

Thanks in Advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi.

I'd say yes, that could be the reason (one of several). While it can be possible to take a non-supported Vodafone UK handset and configure with Vodafone's generic settings it's by no means guaranteed to work.

As a last resort it might be worth letting someone from Vodafone do a hands on check with the phone / settings. The best bet here would be to visit a local retail store

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

redpages

Hi.

I'd say yes, that could be the reason (one of several). While it can be possible to take a non-supported Vodafone UK handset and configure with Vodafone's generic settings it's by no means guaranteed to work.

As a last resort it might be worth letting someone from Vodafone do a hands on check with the phone / settings. The best bet here would be to visit a local retail store

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Thanks for the reply. I am happy to report that with the help of an excellent Vodafone tech support guy by chat the phone now works including 3G.